1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I get a Tmpge Illgal Audio Stream Error.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by GeorgeJr., May 12, 2003.

1. GeorgeJr.

GeorgeJr. Member

I converted my DivX(avi)to svcd no problem.I have my m2v file and my mp2 file there split.Now where I run into the problem at the end. The file finishes encoding the Freq from 44.1khz to 48.0khz I get the Tmpge Illegal Audio Stream. Why is that and what am I doing wrong. Please Help Thank You..

This Forum is GREAT!!! All the Experts are in great spirits to help out the NEWBIE in townThank You................

Last edited: May 12, 2003
  2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

What exactly are you trying to do, multiplex the video and audio stream?

3. GeorgeJr.

GeorgeJr. Member

Hello..

I Simple De-Multiplex so I can seperate the video from the audio file.I now have my M2V (video file)and MP2(audio file) I need to change the sampling frequency from 44.1 khz to 48.0 khz to be compliant to the dvd format.I get twords the end of the encoding and it gives me a Tempge Illegal audio stream error. I want to burn the movie to a DVD-R. Is there a program out there that will tell me what type of audio stream my DivX-(AVI)file is in? Or is the file always in AC3 or MP3 format? Is it a codec problem maybe? WOW my heads spinning in circles. Thank You for your help!!!

Note:I encoded from DivX to Svcd(But the files are not on a cd.) to DVD-R I now it's not the way to go because of the qualitiy of the movies will be poor. But what the hell I'm having a blast...LOL Thanx...

Last edited: May 18, 2003
  4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

lol, do give it a blast, you can only learn from trying!! generally divx audio is mp3 or ac3 yes!