1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a new mac now where can i find this?

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by truth721, Jan 1, 2007.

1. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i just purchased a new 13inch macbook and i'm looking for a media player that has a playlist. with mac it uses quicktime and that programs opens window after window of anything you want to watch. so i'm looking for a program uses a playlist like windows media player 11. also i read that quicktime can play avi files if u download the component for it is that true cuz i'd like to play avi, mpg files?

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

ok does your new macbook come with the application front row the reason i ask is because of this

use handbrake convert all your videos into mpeg4 then place all the videos in the movie direcotry on the mac hard drive then run front row and select the icon that looks like a movie clipboard then select movie from the list and run you movies done

3. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i have my videos on an external HDD and i'd like to keep my videos on that.

4. david456

david456 Regular member

Hello truth721,

You may be able to use Front End Digital Media Player 2.0, a freeware application, to play your .avi files in a playlist.

For more recommendations, search VersionTracker for 'media player'.

Regards.

5. truth721

truth721 Regular member

hey i was just thinkin about divx for mac, thats has a playlist feature too right?

6. david456

david456 Regular member

truth721,

If you want to play those .avi files from within QuickTime, you can install the 3ivx D4 CODEC. Also, VLC will play just about any media type you throw at it.

Regards.

7. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i could but wouldnt i have to open up a new window for a new video i want to watch

8. david456

david456 Regular member

Yes. The Front End Digital Media Player may be what you are looking for. However, you may still have to install the proper codecs for QuickTime.

9. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i'll look that up, i'm new to mac so i dont know any of the lingo that goes with it.

10. thelox714

thelox714 Regular member

what format are the movies on the external hd in? if you have the VIDEO_TS folders, you can just open DVD Player. Once open, Hit APPLE+O, then just hit play. there wont be any playlist, but if you want to watch another movie... just open a new one.

11. truth721

truth721 Regular member

i'm using the program VLC its a good program, i can play my mpeg movie theres too, but its a lil choppy is there a way to fix this?

12. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

ok how to use front row with a external drive

create a alias of your external drive then copy the alias folder to the movies directory

13. truth721

truth721 Regular member

wow thanks now i can watch my vids from my external drive.

14. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

no problem i understand how that can get confusing not only because watching videos on a external source can be quite weird but it works great especially if you have a large external drive that supports high capacity videos

also if you need help converting videos for front row just use handbrake great free app for mac and linux and beos

15. truth721

truth721 Regular member

actually i need help with dvd studio pro 4. i created my dvd but its 12.1gb and i dont have compressor. and when i simulate my dvd on dvd pro it has no audio on my clips. my clips are like 237mbs each and its 12 of them. i kno it more than 3 hours, but when i do video authoring on my pc i can fit like 10 or more eps on a dvd. using winavi and dvd shrink. so i was wonder if yall can help me out with that.