1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a problem In my desktop tool bar there is two unwanted icons

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Hsnake, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Hsnake

Hsnake Member

I got a problem In my desktop tool bar there is two unwanted icons but whenever i click or right-click them they take me to an automated site to make me download anti-software programs. Regularly these unwanted icons pop-up balloons on my desktop saying security alert I close these balloons but they re-appear again and again so please how do i get rid of this? Ive tried add/remove programs and checked my program files in my computer but i fink the icons are not an installed aplication so i have no idea how to get rid of the two icons. I would show a printscreen but i have no idea how to up-load one please help!!
    Much obliged.

2. onya

onya Guest

Hi to Hsnake, welcome to AfterDawn, it sounds to me that you may need some antivirus protection. The protection you may need, can be free. Use this AfterDawn link to this software that will help you out.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292257

As you are NEW here to AD and the use of the "search" and other functions, maybe a bit overwhelming at times. Download the appropriate software. Once you have "used" these applications, don't forget to restart your pc. Report back with your findings EH?

3. Hsnake

Hsnake Member

Cheers for the help ive fixed prob :)

4. onya

onya Guest

Hsnake, glad to know you have fixed the problem, care to tell us how you did this? What steps did you take? Please share what you have learned, as it will help all members with similar difficulties.

Cheers.