1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got a quick question

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Pop_Smith, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Hey guys, I know freeipods.com (and all those other funky sites) is more then likely a scam but, I was gonna try it out to see if it is real. (@Mods, I am not posting any sort of links to the sites, and if you feel i need to edit this, let me know)

I have been looking at the sites but, I can't use (as far as I can tell) PayPal or anyother sort of payments to make it so i get credit for the offers. I don't have a credit card and my parents won't let me do it with there's. I was just wondering, is there any "offers" on the site(s) that do NOT require the use of a credit card/will let me use my PayPal account to pay?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hee hee hee...............

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

lol, hey Neph, I was just gonna see if maybe this would attract some people for you to have a bit of fun with. I know eventually it will :D

4. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

What the heck. You know they are scams but want to buy into one. Are you running a feaver? First off if you won it then no form of payment should be made not even shipping. No credit card numbers to be given out.

Secondly if you read the fine print on some of these you need to find a few more turkeys to buy into it before you get squat. If it seems to good to be true then its a scam and you should run away.

Tell your parents I said congradulations for not giving you the credit card number. Before makeing any investment online check out the company. Search through the Better buisness bearu and The federal trade commissioner. Also try to find people talking about falling for the scam. You do that and you should be safe. IF the company is in the Netherlands don't even bother looking it up since it is a scam. Whew (ill take a breath now). NEXT

-Del

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@Mr_Del, i actually have a friend who is currently in the process of doing it, it will take about 2 weeks and if it works, I will report rightly so. If not, then I will say it didn't. I am not going to give out any info about the places or anything of that sort.

Yes, for the IPod you need 5 (if i remember right) "turkeys" to sign-up under you. Well, I am pretty conviencing and i will get my friends around my living area to sign-up under me.

ok, I did, here are the reports from both of those sites (BBB and FTC)

http://www.dc.bbb.org/report.html?compid=W1035561&national=Y

and

here is a recent one about the FTC cracking down on Internet Scams

http://yahoo.pcworld.com/yahoo/article/0,aid,113590,00.asp

lol, I am not asking anyone to sign-up with me, as i will never give any of my links out here. (becasue it is against the rules :D)
    I was just simply asking if there is any offer that doesn't require a credit card, no need to freak out :D

Peace,

Pop Smith

EDITED by Pop Smith

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  6. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

I was just warning you thats all. Good researching. Dig a little deeper. The people do not sign up under you. This is not a pyramid type thing. You just recruit them for the company. But they as well will need 5 to get thier IPOD. Just be carefull you could be setting yourself and your buddies up for spam. Information selling is a big buisness. they get your info and sell it to another company. That company then puts your information on many list according to your prefrences. Then your mail box and E-mail get flooded with spam.

As far as getting it free its not going to happen without a fatal catch. Just keep an eye out for giveaways from a respectable company. Even then you risk haveing your information sold. But not as likely as a no name website that clearly looks bogus. Look around your town to see if there are any giveaways. Thats about the only way you will get it free. Get a used one for cheaper. however you decide to get one, good luck. Remember I was only warning you and trying to help a bit.

-Del

7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

No hard feelings, its cool I have got all my friends (as well as myself) to sign-up @ yahoo (free e-mail) just for the purpose of doing this :D That way there "real" e-mail accounts don't get spammed.

I will keep researching it though, just to make sure that its not a total scam.

8. Nephilim

Try http://freeaardvarks.com - I already got my free aardvark. I stick a flash card in his butt in he sings the music to me :p

(just playing with ya Pop)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  9. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Hey nephilim you should invent that player. Make millions. I want a constipated singing aardvark.

-Del

10. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

lol, good one Neph :D I think i will order my free ardvark soon too, maybe convience a few friends to buy them so i can breed and sell them. maybe I can even get one to sing old school rock to my girlfriend :D

11. Nephilim

You know I thought about it but the there was just too much time and effort involved in training each aardvark to hold still while the flash card was inserted.

She'll love you forever if you do ;)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005