1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i got rid of my u-torrent,now i need another software just a stable one not azaurez,one that can download any type of movie or sports without conf...

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by engin123, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin123

engin123 Guest

can anyone help me with the conflict between u torrents & azaruz.i need a new stable downloading software,free from bugs,its driving me crazy,can someone tell me in detail in a step by step guide what it is i have to do,iv'e run avg & all these other hot antivirus softwares to free me from these problems but this has been with me now for three days now internet explorer 7 & firefox beta 3 internet explorer does it more so when im suffing through the pages of the afterdawn.com,the second thing is how do you copy your bookmarks to another browers bookmarks,

please help me out & number 3 other then azureuz that i use to do my downloading on for movies sport conflicks can happen if you download both + my utorrent that i was using iv'e been told to remove it,so now i need another downloading software like azureuz but even better,it must be free please,i want one that i can be able to download whatever i like & the software is not going to have a problem with it,

& a privacy one as well that cant be able to be tracking your every move from your proxy,i want my privacy if you can get me that type of one,one that is also recognised one that most movie or sports sites recognises it,plus im no master at pcs just basic so an easy one to use with maybe force download on it,so that some files when they are just sitting there the force download will push them to start,the older versions of azureuz does have them also,

thank you so please help me no 5 i have microsoft office 2003 but i find microsoft office word a bit difficult to use do you have a free version similar but one that is easy to use & its not got all these difficult promps which you don't understand most of them,i use it to write letters thats all i use it for really.

but when i use it to write a letter you get all these lines coming on or some other irratating square boxes & usually when i right click to get it off its still there i just want plain page to write my letters thank you i await your speedy reply with all the help you can give me on all of what ive asked of you,remember im a basic pc user,so be patient with me,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2008
  2. engin123

engin123 Guest

hasn't anybody read this article yet so that they can help me out it seems to be a bit quiet at the moment at afterdawn.com /i thought you were here to help us out but is anyone around to help me,it would be nice to get some technical help

3. gollum456

gollum456 Member

the problem probably isnt with utorrent as it is probably the best on the market, small easy to use, and light on system resources. it probably needs configuring. i'll help but i need to correspond with you, it would be easier

4. engin123

engin123 Guest

did you get my private message i sent you i sent it 10 minutes after you sent me yours gollum456,im waiting on your reply,i didn't understand what you meant by you need to correspond with me can you aliterate what you meanim ready or do you want to start well im in today already now but i don't know what time zone you are in so i don't know what time it is where you are now,its neally bed time for me

5. tripplite

tripplite Guest

well your title is crazy short it so its sweet and easy to understand:D

id go with bitcomet! or bitlord!
    both great apps!

and of course look here for security and improving stability with torrents!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674

-tripplite

6. gollum456

gollum456 Member

1. right un-install any p2p software you have and just install utorrent.

2. now i need to know if you are using a router or modem

3. if you are using a router. somme configuration will need to be done. even if its only to make sure upnp is switched on, though static ip addresses and port forwarding is my preferred method.

let me know if you are using a router or not

7. engin123

engin123 Guest

hi there tripplite
    im stuck with the instructions for Azureus this is what it tells me when i tried to follow rav009
    Senior Members instructions on ho to be safe by configureing my azureuz,my version is azureuz vuze beta 3.0.5.0 he tells you number 1 do this 1 .Go to: Tools > Options > Connection > Transport Encryption i did & this is what it said,the azureuz version i have is the Login required to edit
    From AzureusWiki
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Editing and creating articles has been restricted to authenticated users, please login or apply for an account

Return to Main Page.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  8. tripplite

tripplite Guest

did you tick that box?

9. engin123

engin123 Guest

i didn't even see it there maybe the older versions of azeurez maybe had it on there but this one on connection it just says on the connection box incoming TCP/UDP listen port then next to it you have a white box which has these numbers in it 43065 under neath that it says please visit under neath that it says in blue good ports choices,

so where is this what you are telling me to find am stuck on super glue without the glue Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2. Check the ‘require encrypted transport’ box.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

did you tick that box?
    what box

10. varnull

varnull Guest

WTF are you on about?? How the hell does trying to edit the azureus wiki (which you obviously know nothing about) help turning encryption on in your PC??

Learn to read, and then read through rav's excellent and plain English guide again. Do exactly what it says.

You don't need to use encryption anyway.. but it's recommended unless you want to get busted ;)

You need to get a plugin (i love the way gollum has told you to make your network insecure while not bothering about possible connections to all the baddies) safepeer.. and chose a blocklist subscription.. damit.. even my most computer stoopid friends can set up azureus with help from rav's guide and the azureus wiki...

so..download location to save files chosen... encryption on.... port forwarded (no need whatsoever to have network upnp on.. that's a security risk...another stupid **** newbie trick is spouting ignorance while trying to sound like they know something) ...azureus allowed to use the port through the firewall (control panel→firewall settings→exceptions) port tested in azureus.... max upload speed checked (set to around 18kb/s for a start).....find torrent file from internet and ..open with→browse→C:\program files→azureus→azureus.exe.. sit back and look through your settings again while playing with the number of files open, and max connections and upload speed to find the sweet spot..

11. engin123

engin123 Guest

yes gollum456
    Newbie i have a web star modem & a 5 way router connected up to two pc's via a KVM SWITCH,THE ROUTERS NAME IS CALLED EDIMAX,I LIVE IN LONDON & WHAT I DID ABOUT A MONTH AGO I PHONED UP EDIMAX TO HELP ME CONFIGURE THE PORTS TO ALLOW MY U TORRENTS & AZERUEZ TO GAIN INTERNET CONNECTION,THEY DID IT TO MANUAL PORTS INSTEAD OF AUTOMATIC,IT WAS LIKE I WAS ON MASTER MIND IT WAS SO CONFUSING GOING THROUGH ONE THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING TO GET TO THE END OF IT,

12. engin123

engin123 Guest

TO varnull
    Senior Member THANKS BUT NOW AM ON WHO WANTS TO BE A MILIONARE,AKA WHO WANTS TO BE THE FIRST OUT OF THREE OF YOU TO HELP ME OUT,THATS VERY NICE OF YOU ALL GUYS,BUT AM GETTING CONFUSED HERE,IF YOU KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO THEN CAN I DO THIS TO UTORRENT AS WELL AS BIT COMIT WHICH OUT OF THE THREE DO I KEEP I USUALLY USE TWO SO CAN ALL THREE BE CONFIGURED FOR MY OWN PRIVACY I DON'T WANT TJ HOOKER AFTER ME WEATHER HE CHASHES ME IN A CAR OR A STAR TREK BMW HEAVEN ONLY KNOWS,

I NEED A SIMPLE BASIC STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO KNOW WHAT TO DO ALL THAT IS TO FAST FOR ME TO LEARN SO QUICKLY,IM STILL VERY BASIC ON PC'S PLUS I HAVE LEARNING DIFFICULTIES,

PLEASE HELP ME OUT SO THEY RUN FASTER THEN STEVE AUSTIN,AZEUREZ WONT LET ME DOWNLOAD A FILM & MY SPORT BOXING,

IT COMES UP SOMETIMES SAYING FAILED HASH BROWNS,JOKING BUT FAILED HASH,THEN IT SOMETIMES SAYS WE DON'T SUUPORT MULTIPLE TASKS ,THEN ERROR THIS FILE HAS FAILED ITS MOT CAR TEST,

13. tripplite

tripplite Guest

engin123- guess what that caps key...it doesn't make you anymore of a man;D
    we dont care if you get your torrents working or not buddy:)
    we will try and help you but first you have to help yourself and put some effort forward (AKA read rav's guide+and the wiki page), were not going to hold your hand and walk you through the center of town all day long ok?

-tripplite

14. engin123

engin123 Guest

GUYS THIS COMES WITH OR IS ADD ON I THINK TO BIT COMMIT IS IT GOOD FOR ME & MY DESKTOP,READ IT & TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK,YOU HAVE NOT GONE TO SLEEP HAVE YOU

KDE 4.0.3 Release Announcement
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Also available in: Italian French Portuguese (Brazilian) Spanish Swedish
    KDE Project Ships Third Translation and Service Release for Leading Free Software Desktop
    KDE Community Ships Third Translation and Service Release of the 4.0 Free Desktop, Containing Numerous Bugfixes, Performance Improvements and Translation Updates

April 2, 2008 (The INTERNET). The KDE Community today announced the immediate availability of KDE 4.0.3, the third bugfix and maintenance release for the latest generation of the most advanced and powerful free desktop. KDE 4.0.3 is the third monthly update to KDE 4.0. It ships with a basic desktop and many other packages; like administration programs, network tools, educational applications, utilities, multimedia software, games, artwork, web development tools and more. KDE's award-winning tools and applications are available in 49 languages.

KDE, including all its libraries and its applications, is available for free under Open Source licenses. KDE can be obtained in source and various binary formats from http://download.kde.org and can also be obtained on CD-ROM or with any of the major GNU/Linux and UNIX systems shipping today.

Enhancements
    KDE 4.0.3 comes with an impressive amount of bugfixes and improvements. Most of them are recorded in the changelog. KDE continues to release updates for the 4.0 desktop on a monthly basis. KDE 4.1, which will bring large improvements to the KDE desktop and application will be released in July this year.
    KDE 4.0.3 improvements revolve around lots of bugfixes and translation updates. Corrections have been made in such a way that results in only a minimal risk of regressions. For KDE, it is also a way to deliver bugfixes quickly to the users. An excerpt from the changelog reveals that nearly all modules in KDE have seen lots of improvements. Again, the KHTML team has done an awesome job in improving the user experience with the Konqueror web browser.

15. engin123

engin123 Guest

yes i know that but i also know that its the way that you help them that counts ,one wise man once apon a time said patients is a virtue,i couldn't be walking through any park at this time if i was it is to be making a horror flick,

& you didn't tell me the name of the park so that appointment is just best put into the recycle bin,its never good to rush,less haist faster pase,remember that,like i said before i will repeat it yet again you don't yourself have to help me either if you don't want to theres many others as you have seen that are willing & able,as i said the azeruez says that that section is not for basic users & that its there for the higher users,so i said that before.

but this time by looking at the picture thats how i realised that i had to click the plus box to make it into a minus box thats when i saw the part where he told me to go to,

so if you know all this then why make me run around for when you knew that i was clueless to know that,does that make you feel better when you punish people like that,i had some one from here help me out for about 5 to 6 days & your getting your knickers in a twist,thats not fare as in i showed you respect i wantthe same in return,& to rubbish off what the other guy was saying yes ok hes no senior in your oil company but with time he can maybe make it,

at least he tried,remember this he is right about the modem router that he wanted to know about although that yes is a harder way around it,but they did need configuring to allow my two clients to be able to get the connection it needed to get onto the internet,

action speaks volumes,helping people & not being sycastic would help you more in the future to comunicate with others in the same way you wantpeople to respect you,take that to bed with you ok.

16. varnull

varnull Guest

You want sarcasm? I can't be arsed.

Read rav's great guide. It explains everything in great detail... look through the options in azureus..pull down all the menus and look at the options. there are so many under certain tabs that you have to scroll the screen.. If some option isn't mentioned in the guide and you don't understand what it is for then just leave it alone. Azureus will still work without self signed certificates and stuff ;).. you have installed java haven't you?

Choose "expert" setup because it gives you all the options. They take some configuring, but you end up with a fast and safe p2p application.

Or you can just use bitcomet and bitlord and wonder why you get virtually no speed and no connections XD

so review..

is it under transfers or security on the windows version?? require encrypted transport = YES(tick the box.. hit save button)
    get plugins → safepeer.. and then configure it to use a blocklist.. "dr von evil" will do.

check listen port.. pick a high one 40000 and above is good
    ensure that port is allowed in your firewall exceptions under "azureus"
    if you have a router make sure the same port is open.. both TCP and UDP

and you should be good to go... and please DON'T try to edit wikis..

17. tripplite

tripplite Guest

LOL varnull i get 250-300kb speeds at times:)

if your going to use bitcomet be sure to try out the .70 version. it works better then any of recent ones:)

18. varnull

varnull Guest

Private tracker + bitlord = banned forever from your ip, if rev catch you using anything like that for instance.. and also from any of my torrents (kick/ban.. ain't it great).. I always kick/ban people I see using bitlord/comet because they spray connections and packets everywhere. So do a large majority of security conscious p2p users these days. Did you know that you can tweak azureus to disallow connections from certain torrent clients automatically? I had it running a while ago, but now I prefer to kick them from the swarm instead.. next mission.. adding that to the script so I don't have to watch hehehe (Am I evil?.. yes I am)

19. engin123

engin123 Guest

(Am I evil?.. yes I am)

thats you that said that so i just agree,here's my rap for you,& no im not a rappa,& no im not evil either......
    can you kick it yes you can,does she love it,yes he does,so why is that cos he's got viruses why is that because he's a born again man with tollerence appeal,

you see that wasn't that hard & evil of you was it now doctor know ot want alot,

thanks for your sudden change of attitude,you seee although people are funny sometimes they actualy make a difference in this world if they lose the extent of not loosing there rag if you know what i mean,anyway,

no harm intended happy surfing till the end of never,cho

20. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Good god....

1st, you need to take gollum456's advice and get rid of all the P2P software that you aren't going to use.

2nd, you need to decide which client you are going to use. uTorrent or Azureus.

3rd, you've found how to unlock the caps button so lets keep it that way.

4th, you need to configure your client.

---->uTorrent guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/utorrent_guide.cfm

---->Azuerues guide: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/guide_to_azureus_vuze.cfm

5th, before you download anything you need to get Peer Guardian 2 and keep it running.

6th, you need to forward ports in order to use the above services.

Guides by modem: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

When we ask you a question we need to know specifics such as the model number, not just the manufacturer. The more information you can give us the better we will be able to help you.

Also have a read through the guides here: http://portforward.com/guides.htm

Good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.