1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i got rid of my u-torrent,now i need another software just a stable one not azaurez,one that can download any type of movie or sports without conf...

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by engin123, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gollum456

gollum456 Member

ah so it is possible to give advice locoeng, without getting abusive like that F**kshort varnull

2. engin123

engin123 Guest

thats right but did you see the way that i defended you,its not right just because you say something & then he says something else,i was getting confused,no 2 people always agree on most things sometimes thats just hows it goes but i was happy of the fact that you were only trying to help me,

i think his possition of higher rank got to his motherboard,but i got your back my friend,most people wouldn't get involved but im no mug & i respect it when a fellow gent like yourself helps others out in a desparate sticky non super glue situation,

did you like the words i said back to him,he was being very saycastic,so you fight fire with fire,im downloading PeerGuardian 2 at the moment now,then im going to download u torrents which is a lot easier to use then azareus then i will config the u torents then thats done hopefully,

i do have a few other pc software questions are you technically minded in most fields when it comes to pc's,try to reply because i do't know if you replied back to me after you asked me to,maybe you did but he was confusing me

3. tripplite

tripplite Guest

be sure when using peer 2 guardian to get a block list and import it into peer 2 guardian

you must join the site to get the list(free)...but totally worth it:D
    http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/
    the list is meant for blocklist manger, but they also have a P2G formated downloaded,

and this list isn't complete but check it for updates:)
    http://iblocklist.com/lists.php

-tripplite

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2008
  4. gollum456

gollum456 Member

thats right mate, i dont pretend to know everything, i was trying to help and one thing you said was keep it simple. i was trying to do that, and if i was given a chance i would have got to the part about peer guardian and the like. i was just trying to take it slowly like you asked.

all i know is:

i use utorrent because its supposed to be the best, not just for downloading but being light on system resources.

i have forwarded my ports for best results, (and yes varnull, upnp is a risk).

i have tweaked various things such as download and upload limits, even global maximum connections or whatever its called, because when it was set at 200 it was crashing my router.

i have enabled protocol encryption

i run peer guardian

i have no doubt the high and mighty varnull will be able to tell me that this set up is full of security holes, and i would be pleased to hear non sarcastic, non abusive advice on the matter. because as i said, im no expert. im interested in you said something about kicking certain people out? id like to know more about that

5. engin123

engin123 Guest

Thanks today neither of you are swearing thats good,,its good to be pleasant at the right times,well ive followed the guide lines so far on the guy who posted the information after testing it out the PeerGuardian 2,

i did finish it but after setting up the wizard it opened up a white box giving me the log results of the set up & it said 4 lists:1 up-to-date-3failed updating-3 disabled,then after that i cloesed the box then another box opened up & it automaticly starting updating or i clicked it to start,

how long does it take to update thts one thing i have not seen yet in the tutorials on it,so i will now join up then i will try to follow the step by step guide on how to put them in,its my first ever time doing this so wish me luck i don't want to mess it all up,after all these hours of missing out on my beloved sport,

do you just do this once or do you have to do it all the time cant it put the block list and import it into peer 2 guardian in automaticlly,ive chosen the client i want that is u tube torrent,joking u torrents allows you to add muliple files on there without any conflick now azeures is not like that,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2008
  6. engin123

engin123 Guest

all you have to do is check out the faq (beta) page or type it in,you should find it,i have never done it but i looked at that page before & read up on it to,so good luck & go down at the very bottom you have a comments section for a few different things you fill it in with a ticket number or they will send you one from there finland head quartres & whenever you wish to contact them again on this issue only you must go through the same steps as i told you & firstyou have to place the ticket nuber id into the comments page,then you put whatever it is again that you want to talk about ,but it can only be about the person you are complaining about with this complaint ticket or you can also

7. engin123

engin123 Guest

Thanks again to tripplite
    Senior Member & to you to gollum456

4. April 2008 @ 01:55 Link to this message Report an offensive post
    be sure when using peer 2 guardian to get a block list and import it into peer 2 guardian

you must join the site to get the list(free)...but totally worth it:D
    http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/
    the list is meant for blocklist manger, but they also have a P2G formated downloaded,

and this list isn't complete but check it for updates:)
    http://iblocklist.com/lists.php

ive joined up plus i have the web site for the not so yet completed block lists,am in need of help in a step by step of how do you obtain these lists from this web site i joined & the same goes for the other link you gave me,& how long does this scan update take its been on now for 2 hours,i need this guide im asking for so that after i have finished this sucessfully by the grace of god,then i will download u torrents then config it.i cant do any downloading until ive done it;please can someone help me on this

8. tripplite

tripplite Guest

browse for the link on that page...its there...you must look...otherwise i have no idea what your saying do you mind rephrasing in English?

9. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Varnull is very knowledgeable about many things here and SHE will behave if you will stop picking at her.

Let's all remember rule 6 and get back on topic.

10. engin123

engin123 Guest

you should also tell the so called intelligent staff members not to be obnoxious to others when only asking questions,if you cant hack it & you want to start to bite peoples ears off then i don't think you are worvey of this possition,

even gollum456
    Newbie had got upset about varnill & i replied also in his defence to ask why is it that if someone doesn't know as much as maybe you might know on this topic at least they tried then next time they can try to learn from that,

that is how as human beings we learn to acheive things,no pain no gain,aka no mistakes then how do you learn to acheive what you indeed intended to acheive,we all make mistakes,but having patients comes to mind,

& just because you might be educated & intelligent that does not give you or any of you at that site any grounds to abuse anyone in english chinese or german & so on,if you start abusing people & swearing to then how the hell do you think you are going to be helping people with that type of attitude,

lose the abusivness & be helpfull with us,you took this on in knowing what you were here to do so do it with dignety & not haste,so to LOCOENG
    Moderator there is no need to be trying to tell me about any rules im always friendly with anyone until you get my back up,then you will know about it,i don't mess around with people,i didn't mess around with you so don't test my patients,& re-read my comments then re-read your friends of the earths comments all three of you to be honest with you were very rude

after you have read them all you will have a different opinion because there is no need to ask for help & varill & that other rude one who makes out he doesn't understand what im getting at & that what im looking for is all on that page of the site he told me that i had to join,

why not just send me the link & in colouration mark the spot where i have got to get these block lists from then give me a step by step guide on how to do it & how often do i have to do it & when you do an update how long will it take my one was on all night & it was still going on.

so if someone else with more patients can help me i would be greatfull other then those three who don't seem to know the difference between swearing at someone or being helpfull & polite.

if you get frustration a lot & you lose it a lot then you have issues that you need addressing,i hope you can seak the help for your own good because if you were like this to the people that have to share your live with then to be honest with you i would feel very sorry for them,i can just Imagine what they must be going through'the name of the other member who finds it hard to write down more then a sentence of words is tripplite,maybe hes trying to save on the ink cartridge from going low

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008
  11. LOCOENG

Actually it's my job to spew forth the rules of the site to those who can't seem to let things go. My Rule 6 comments were directed at everyone not just you.

You are threatening the wrong one.
    Why not research the programs and processes that you'be been given more than enough information on to make an educated stab at trying to wrap your head around. Maybe we should just leave the thread and let someone else hold your hand and spoon feed you through your stumblings.

...shall you continue your plight here in this thread and get back on topic or shall I close it and you find help elsewhere? I did happen to reread this thread and it appears you do need alot more help, but what you need to do first is take the advice given so far and apply them to your situation.

12. engin123

engin123 Guest

im not threatening no one,putting words into my mouth again are we,the spoon is for those who talk about it being you know so much about it,the rules do they tell you to treat people in the fashion that you three seem to be well ajusted to,& for you to say that you were telling that to all of us,no not true,i don't need to call a friend to answer that question for me because i know the answer to that any way then you should then rephraze your words to make it look like thats what you are saying then shouldn't you,i always say treat people in the way you yourself would like to be treated,& if you don't like people picking on your wife to be or is it just a man thing running to her rescue,what are you superman,well i have criptonite ha ha,how are you helping me,the reason why to you it might look like this has dragged on is because of the head games your comrades play with the people that not knowing much about pc's get abuse from you just because they don't have much know how on a pc,i want help not a spoon,i got many of them do you want me to pay you a visit ,i would gladly love to bring you a spoon for free just like the free service you give to us that is after throwing in a few fu... here & there,do you get kicks out of abusing people,your day will come & lets see how you like it when you are on the recieving end of it,i would like to contribute a spoon or two for you if i may,im even willing to throw in a tea pot for you,cant say farer then that

13. LOCOENG

You are the weakest link...goodbye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.