1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got vista home premium for free should i upgrade or not?!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by UrDady, Feb 4, 2007.

1. UrDady

UrDady Guest

hi

my uncle got a free full copy of windows vista home premium for free from work and he said i can have becase he have no need for it .
    But my qustion is should i instal it or not i have xp already and heres my pc specs

intel p4 2.8

ATI X800XT All in wonder 256 mb

1 gig ram

300 gig 16 mb buffer

and games i play are CS:source fear bf2 and quake 4

thanks in advance

peace

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

stay the fark away from vista.

3. rch0621

rch0621 Member

Don,t do it you will be sorry lots of xp games do not work and for get about any games made before xp release allso have hered of some nightmare storys about sound cards and video cards not working wate a year or more so they can work out the bugs.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

wait a while but check with your motherboard chipset manufacturer & different cards manufacturers to see if they have vista drivers.

5. elokito

elokito Regular member

i would only recommend vista if u have 2gb of ram for gamers since vista will steal/eat/crush almost 512 of ram so if u have 1gb u will only have 512 to play

6. Wilbow

Wilbow Guest

I have tried the Beta version of Vista (RC1)and I certainly wouldnt use it on its own. I made a dual boot system and used it that way, it is very pretty to look at, but heavy on DRM, so if you into copying anything I'd keep xp aswell.

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Unless someone pointed a pistol at my head, and said I had to install it, I wouldn't install Vista. Even then, I would try to do something to get the upper hand on that person. :)

Edit due to damned keyboard. :):):)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007