1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate my new LG phone

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by KillerBug, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

A warning to anyone who is considering buying a new LG phone:

I just got a new LG phone from Alltel. It has bluetooth, but bluetooth file transfer is dissabled. There is a USB cable available, but it costs $40, and you still have to pay $30 for the software to use the cable.

This means the built-in camera is useless, since you cannot get the pictures off of the phone. You also cannot put your own wallpapers & screensavers on the phone.

I might even have considered shelling out the $70 to hook up to my PC, but I have no way of knowing if it will actualy allow file transfers, plus the phone construction seems very poor, so the thing will probably just break, making the overpriced cable/software combo worthless (more worthless).

I had none of these problems with my old Nokia (so old that I can't even find a used one anywhere). I just downloaded the bluetooth drivers from the nokia website (free of charge) and it was ready to go.

I think that they did these things for a reason...to sell a cable that costs $5 to make for $70.

This is the last time I buy LG...and I will never recomend them to anyone...such terrible support is not acceptable. And here I was saving for a $6000 flatscreen HDTV from them...but they just made my s**t list.

-UPDATE-

2 Days after I sent an email to LG asking why they had dissabled my bluetooth services for this phone I got an "automated" responce (how automated can it be if it took 2 days to get back to me?) saying that they would not be responding to my email, and that I could call their tech support number, but that they would probably not be able to help me because of technical difficulties. I called the number provided four times and got a busy signal four times.

I though LG was at least good enough to return my email and say something like "this feature was dissabled for your own security", but not even that...I feel bad for anyone with an LG factory warranty...a blank piece of paper would be far more usefull than an LG warranty card.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.