1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a .bin and a .cue. Now what?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by stat26, May 21, 2006.

1. stat26

stat26 Member

I downloaded a program and all that's in the folder in a .bin file and a .cue file. What do I do with them? I can't open them with WinRar or any other program I have on my computer. I heard that I should burn them to a disc and I tried that... Nothing happened. All I have is a disc with the two files on it. I reloaded the disc in the drive and nothing happened except for the Windows prompt that asks what you want to do with the disc. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

2. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Lol.

I spy with my little eye, someone who didn't use the search feature!

Download the .pdf from the first link in my sig...it's got great pics to tell you how to do what you need to do. It's easier than my retyping it here.

3. guyrus

guyrus Guest

@ TomMelee: thats not much help

@ stat26:

you cant use winrar as the bin file is actually an image file.You need to use dvd decrypter in iso write mode for you to get your project to disc

4. stat26

stat26 Member

It's okay. I figured it out. And I did use the search feature and went through about six pages of crap before I gave up. Thanks anyway.

5. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

@guyrus a 32 page, picture filled tutorial about how to do everything you possibly need to know how to do for using bt isn't helpful? odd.

As for searching:
    There's a guide in the "guides" section with pretty pictures to tell you how to do what you wanted to do.

I typed in "bin and cue files" into the AD search space, and bingo, I got this post right off the bat:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/344145

Then I decided maybe filtering the results was too hard, so I just went to google and typed in, now stay with me here "how to burn .cue file".
    And I got this:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=how+...ient=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

And then I remembered there's a pdf I linked to in my original post that shows you, with pretty pictures, exactly what to do.

Now, I'm not sayin don't ask, because we're here to help, and it's not a biggie, but be advised that sometimes people don't give you the best or easiest answer, they give you the way they learned or hacked out, such as guyrus's answer, which is definately the difficult way to go about doing what you needed to do.

6. guyrus

guyrus Guest

@ TomMelee: did i click the wrong link, one took me to a warez site , i see i erred in that one, thought i had to pay for the premium version oooooooooooops me bad.

lata

guy

7. stat26

stat26 Member

No, really... It's cool. I got it. I've used this site before for some problems I had and I've never had trouble. I just recently became a member so I could post this question. This is usually the first place I come to when I need answers on technical stuff.

@ TomMelee: Thanks for all the good advice. I don't know where forums would be without "holier-than-thou" dicks like you. Seriously... Lighten up!

8. guyrus

guyrus Guest

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, man that was so funny, sorry TomMelee couldnt stop.Thats hirlarious

@stat26, heres a personal invite to my shoutbox.Open your own shoutbox page and add me as one of your buddies and i'll add you to mine.Dont let the mods in there scare you off , there all good people

guy

although darthnip and nephilim do like to eat newbies for brekky

9. guyrus

guyrus Guest

compucare, unless you have express permission for advertising on this site via a contract, i'd remove your attempt to advertise before a mod does it for you

10. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

That's five spamming posts I've found so far. Death to spammers

Last edited: May 23, 2006
  11. guyrus

guyrus Guest

well gone now

12. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Lol, and I don't know where internet forums would be without children who don't want to learn how to do things for themselves either.

"Here, do this for me" is so much easier than "I'm going to take the time to learn how to do this on my own."

13. guyrus

guyrus Guest

@ TomMelee: i know what you mean , apologies for my demeanor man

guy

14. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Lol, no worries, nobody has offended my sensibilities.

15. guyrus

guyrus Guest

thanks man.Hey i notice you haved opened a shoutbox, if ever you do add me to yours and i'll add you to mine

lata

guy