1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a LITE -ON DVD+RW SOHW-802S

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by matmoore1, Mar 4, 2005.

1. matmoore1

matmoore1 Guest

I have a LITE -ON DVD+RW SOHW-802S and it will not recognize any blank DVD disc, can some one please help me.

2. gregwinn

gregwinn Member

I am having the same problem with a Lite-on 802s. It worked fine for awhile now it will not detect any blank media. Plays commercial media fine. Have you heard anything on how to resolve this?

Thanks

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Sounds like a firmware issue. I tried to find a firmware update here:http://www.americal.com/pg/dvd-burner-writer-firmware-version-updates-downloads.html?OVRAW=firmware%20updates&OVKEY=firmware%20update&OVMTC=standard

They said no updates available. You may want to find out what firmware version/s you both have and try a google search or go directly to Lite-on's website.

If you changed something on the blank media like: brand names/spindle/spindle size/ or format-The firmware may not be able to handle this newer media.

What media were you both using when you had no problems-brand name/speed rate/and format?

What media are you having problems with now?

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

5. jazman

jazman Guest

My H-P came with a lite-on 802. I did google search and found a place that gave me a program to upgrade the firmware and now when I go to prop. in device mang. it shows a 832 and it will burn with + and - discs and at 40X. look for mtkflash and then the firmware it worked for me

6. Molder

Molder Regular member

Matmoore1,
    Seems you can flash that puppy to a SOHW-832s, read the link below and use the patcher as they discuss.

Good luck, you will end up with a dual layer burner if done correctly.

M
    http://web.ask.com/web?q=SOHW-802S+firmware&qsrc=0&o=0

Click on the first result.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  7. davehall

davehall Guest

Hi, sorry to butt in.
    My Dad has a Compaq Presario which came with the LITE-ON SOHW-802S (according to the XP).
    We've tried writing CD's which the software says it has done successfully, but when subsequently viewing the CD through Windows Explorer it appears to be empty.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

8. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

9. davehall

davehall Guest

Thanks. I'll take a look :eek:)

10. wedzaq

wedzaq Member

what burn prog u using dave? In nero express usually the problem is on the 1st step of the wizard - where it says "Which recorder would u like to use" . If set to "Image Recorder DVD ...." it will be a blank burn :) ...it must show a drive letter e.g E:\ followed by your dvd drive name eg "LITE_ON ...."

11. WillC3

WillC3 Member

when using firmware be careful...

tech support told me to download that firmware for my 1633s & it ****ED up my comp... when rebooting it wouldn't load windows

2nd lvl tech said something about disconnecting any other cd drives while installing but 1st lvl tech doesn't mention details like that.

I had to take it to a shop & now the comp won't even acknowledge the burner. I've reinstalled everything over & over