1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a nero problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jaymzS, Nov 13, 2004.

1. jaymzS

jaymzS Guest

Hi I am having a problem with nero - i tried to backup one of my DVDs originally with shrink DVD - it couldn't rip it due to a copy protection i/o error - then someone said top use DVD decryptor so I did and ripped film to HD. Then I tried to use Nero 5 to create a Video DVD using the files but when i clicked on burn an error came up saying: "error file with allocation cannot assign files." It's not the media (Ritek GO4) as I've used these DVD-r's and Shrink to successfully backup 3 of my other DVD's.

anyone got any ideas?
    Help!

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

jaymzS,
    Welcome to the forum. Your problem can be solved
    1. Go to Nero and D/L the trial version of Nero Ultra. Download all of the Modules except INCD Module
    2. Open DVD Shrink : Click on open files and look on the C: drive ( movie name ) for the files that DVDDecrypter did.
    3. Shrink will analyze
    4. Go to Edit > Preferences> File I/O and click enable burning w/ Nero

Then you know what the steps are from here. If not the guides are at the top of the page

3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

another possibility is to open your decrypter rip in shrink
    If you used file mode in decrypter simply click open files in shrink , browse for your rip and click ok
    If you used ISO mode then click in the top left "file" then selct open disc image
    run you movie through shrink as usual except when you click backup under target device select ISO Image File and burn with Decrypter. And then Decrypter will auto burn the output in shrink for you.

4. jaymzS

jaymzS Guest

Hi, tried using decryptor to rip but it is saying read error - it retried about 20 times but no joy.

any ideas?

thanks!

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

DVD Decrypter, tools. settings, I/O, ignore read errors, OK - Rip in file mode -

Cheers,

Pete

Welcome to aD

Last edited: Nov 16, 2004
  6. jaymzS

jaymzS Guest

Hay thanks,

This sites awsome - cheers guys!