1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a PC, dvd player and 6245 vhs tapes.....

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by zenarrrow, Feb 27, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

Thats all I have where do I begin? What hardware or software to start me out to copy vhs to dvd. If some one could point me in the right direction to start out with the basics then I could start from the bottom and work up. All I have is the desire to copy them. thanks ---zen-->

2. JimPanse

JimPanse Member

It all depends on how much you want to spend. You could of course buy a Pinnacle card with fancy software, but it's expensive. Much cheaper is the converter NQ6600 from NorthQ for USB2. In Denmark it's 80€. It comes with Intervideo WinDVD creator, scart- and usb-cable. Works straight without framedrops and you have the option of burning instantly. I'm using it with dvd-shrink and have all my tapes converted to dvd's. Compressing your movies with dvd-shrink (after creating to harddrive) in most cases allow you to have 2 movies on one disc - the software allows you to create a menu. Feel free to ask for details, but I won't be able to answer untill saturday.

3. iamdb

iamdb Member

HIya, I had the same problem and resoved it for under $50.00 (US funds) from TigerDirect. ALtough it was on sale at the time, it iis put on sale quite often, the ADS DVD Xpress. It has S video & composit video inputs, and a stereo audio input (all except the S video are seperate RCA jacks) It also comes with Ulead Video Studio 7.0 for video editing and DVD burning. SO easy to use! Oh before I forget USB 2 connection to the computer, and is USB 1.1 compatable. There may be lower cost A/D converters out there (I had purchased 4 others, before this find) but feel this combonation package blew the rest away! The only annoyance? The capture software is not compatable with other capture software, for example you cannot use Nero to import from this capture device into Nero directly, but with all the "file" saving options of Ulead. I soon found myself using it to make the chapters, menus, and burning features, with no need to save the file and import into another program. Ulead also gets high reviews from a lot of folks, so it is also worth the price (included with the capture device) They also provide good customer support, updates, and a rathe rgood tips & tricks seciton on their website. Hard to go wrong with this combo!

4. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

For some reason I am not getting email whrn this thread has been updated. Any way I just googled ads dvd express that seems pretty painless. Maybe I will start there. I also live in the US where exactly did you buy this for that much? Thanks ---zen-->