1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a problem with Spyware and Malware

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by cooltwou, May 1, 2015.

1. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

Fix Log here

Attached Files:

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

How is it now???

3. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

It looks like it's doing better but I was check out the browsers and I got a message on Internet explorer and it said this:
    An unknown program would like to change your default search provider to Google (www.google.com) I have no clue about this. But now when click on homepage and search it comes up with default searching now

4. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

I have a few questions:
    1. What virus scan that is free would recommend.
    2. When do Google Chrome back on.
    3. When do I cut the virus program Windows Defender and the Malware programs on

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

1. I recommend Avast Free here -> https://www.avast.com/index download and install now...
    2. Download and install Chrome when you are ready:
    Download Chrome
    https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/
    3. Avast should disable Win Defender when installed. It's all you need... we'll get to those points later.

There is a proxy server setup on IE and I didn't delete it because I wanted to know if you set it up or malware did...... evidently malware did but zoek didn't delete it. so we'll see.....

Rescan and post a fresh FRST Log:
    [​IMG] Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
    • Right-click on [​IMG] icon and select [​IMG] Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
    • Press Scan button and wait.
    • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
    Please attach these logfiles to your next reply.

2oG

6. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

here is the 2 log files

Attached Files:

7. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

Also to let you know I reinstalled Google Chrome and I installed Avast and it's running a boot scan on my PC and last time I checked it was at 11%

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You're looking good... Avast will do a better job that win defender. Allow it to finish the boot scan..

One little item left.. Your IE has been set for a proxy server and I don't think that you did that??
    I could have reset it in the FRST Fix but it's better if you do it manually. I don't know if Avast boot scan can take care of it.

I assume you have IE 11, so here's how to reset:

Reset Internet Explorer settings
    You can reset Internet Explorer settings to return them to the state they were in when Internet Explorer was first installed on your PC. This can be useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings changed after installation. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

To reset Internet Explorer settings
    1. Close all Internet Explorer windows that are currently open.

2. Open the desktop, and then tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar. Changing your settings will affect both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer for the desktop.

3. Tap or click the Tools button [​IMG], and then tap or click Internet options.
    4. Tap or Click the Advanced tab, and then tap or click Reset.

5. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.

6. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK. You'll need to restart your PC for these changes to take effect.

Other than that, everything else is looking good.
    Be sure to let me know how it's acting and any other questions you may have...

2oldGeek - That's 2 and not "Too", old with a little "o" and Geek with a Capital "G" :rolleyes:

9. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

Here is the scan results sorry for the long delay i just didn't know how long the boot scan was going to take so i just left it till morning

Attached Files:

10. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Good morning, cooltwou.
    Everything looks great except your IE browser still needs resetting, instructions are in my last post.

Cleanup after cleanup:
    Post-cleanup procedures:

Download DelFix by Xplode and save it to your desktop.

• Run the tool by right clicking on the [​IMG] icon and Run as administrator option.
    • Make sure that these are checked:
      • Remove disinfection tools
      • Purge system restore
      • Reset system settings
    • Push Run and wait until the tool completes his work.
    • All tools we used should be gone. Tool will create a report for you (C:\DelFix.txt)

The tool will also record healthy state of registry and make a backup using ERUNT program in %windir%\ERUNT\DelFix

Tool deletes old system restore points and create a fresh system restore point after cleaning.

Since most of the problems you were having came from software downloads that had PUP's bundled with it, here is some good reading on how to avoid that:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/mind-the-pup-top-download-portals-to-avoid.755231/

Any other questions?
    2oG

11. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

OK I did all of that what is the next step to do

12. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

The next step is to enjoy a clean machine.. :)

Read the article about bundled pups cause that's were most of your problems came from..

Any questions??? If you can't think of any right now, just give me a shout anytime.. :p

13. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

i do have one more question does this program on this website could have caused any of the problems because it's the way my brother made it sound: http://www.zedge.net/

14. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Probably not that particular one.. I just checked it out and it's a clean site.. That sometimes don't mean a whole lot but it's comforting to know. Most of what you had on your computer came in with the programs I had you UN-install. Nearly every download provider is bundling crap with the program you download, that's how they make buck$..

15. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

I gotta sign off for the night. I work tomorrow real early. Just leave questions on this thread and I;ll get back to you..

Have a Happy! :D

16. cooltwou

cooltwou Regular member

Ok and thanks for all your help