1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a real problem?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by j_hansen, Nov 9, 2004.

1. j_hansen

j_hansen Guest

I've had my Xbox modded for a few months now and today when i downloaded halo2 to my hdd it seemed to work great but after i rebooted my system i don't get all my options in evo i just get MS dashboard, reboot, power off and system Can any one tell me what happened and how i can fix it??

2. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

well thats what you get for not buying halo2. Just spend the $49 and get the game, the developers put alot of time and effort into making it.

It seems like you have f'd up your DASHBOARD you might want to try reinstalling both the factory dash and the Evox Dash.

What more then likely happened was Halo2 updated your MS DASHBOARD, with the new dash that is not so mod friendly.

Simply reinstall your dash and you will be fine.

3. j_hansen

j_hansen Guest

How exactly would i do that

4. jimmy42

jimmy42 Regular member

the same way you setup the dashboard in the first place..

Or get the Slayers Auto Installer Disc 2.6 FINAL

search google for it.

5. rubio1904

rubio1904 Guest

I had the same problem today. Guess thats what i get for not buying the game. Lucky for me I know how to set up a xbox dashboard (O.S). It took me three hours to get it back to how it was running. An now I will tell how to fix your xbox dashboard. By the way don't worry the updater doesn't format your xbox HD.

1. Get a hold of Slayers auto Installer.
    2. Insert disk
    3. Network your xbox to your computer(took me some time to master this). Peer to Peer or through your router.
    4. You will need to get Flash Fxp to make the connection or similar software that can do the trick,
    5. Once connected you will see all the partitions of your xbox on your computer. The Microsoft Updater set up the new dashboard on drive c:
    6. back up c: partition on your xbox to your computer. Backup your evox.ini file (thats got all your preferances).
    7. now delete all files and folders inside xbox partition c: note some xboxes have the dashboard in partition F:. It all depends what installer was used the first time. My theory is Microsoft will always do the dashboard update on drive C:
    8.Install slayers evox dashboard from the slayers disk.(you will see this option).
    9.Now look inside partition C: if its empty look inside F: if you see the dashboard installed in F: then make a copy and paste those files on partition C: Now copy your back up evox.ini file and overwrite the one inside F partition and c:.
    10.Now make a copy of the dashboard and on F and put a copy in partition C: (just in case)
    11. Moment of truth. Restart your Xbox without the slayers self install CD.
    12.If It works then your almost done.
    13.search for the Halo 2 folder. With your computer
    14.Once found you could do the ethical thing or you can do the unethical thing its up to you.
    15.If you choose to delete it then just click delete.
    but if you want to be unethical then go inside the halo2 folder and there you will see the updater files. Delete those two files and after your done unplug your ethernet cable from your Xbox.

NOTE: I tried fixing this problem without connecting the computer to my Xbox. I couldn't hack it.

Well there you have it boys and girls have fun.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

you don't have to delete the game...just dlete the files updatedash.xbe and update.xbe and you'll be fine.