1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a sick laptop :(

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by jucealala, Apr 29, 2011.

1. jucealala

jucealala Member

I have no idea what is wrong with my laptop.

It is a 2 year old Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows Vista. I have an up to date security program.

It keeps crashing. Guaranteed after an hour of use a pop up box will announce that the Windows Host Processor has stopped working and then things go haywire. I took it to a shop who told me it was the fan. They managed to clean the fan and I bought a stable table to make sure it never overheats. It never fixed the problem.

Most recently chrome has been crashing, just today. I've had chrome since the day it came out and NEVER had a problem. Also, Windows Movie Maker won't work and keeps freezing. I have an assignment due Monday and really really need Movie Maker for editing.

Windows also won't update. I can see that it needs to and wants to, but it always fails.

Someone help me please!! I'm at a complete loss and starting to really stress about not being able to finish my assignment.

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. jucealala

jucealala Member

Thanks. I pay for my virus protection and scan it once a week, never had a problem.

I just upgraded to windows 7 and haven't had a problem since!

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Your virus protection most likely doesn't look for malware.
    Like somebody suggested. D/L malwarebytes..

You should update the definition file daily if available and scan daily not once a week.
    J

5. deltas

deltas Member

Since you haven't had a problem since then a software issue was the problem.