1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a strange problem...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Gory_Greg, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Gory_Greg

Gory_Greg Guest

I have a Ricoh MP5125A and I use Philips DVD+RW's and DataWrite DVD+R's. Both worked when I recorded on them at the start with neoDVDstandard. But now the DVD+R's wont work at all in my drive when I record onto them with NeoDVDstandard. It seems like its recording OK but when its finished it seems to go into a continous loop in the drive and when i do get the disc out (after restarting the pc) the disc is not recognised on a standalone dvd player which has recognised the same DVD+R's before??? The DVD+RW's work fine with NeoDVDstandard.

I use Nero Burning ROM for the DVD+RW's though but when I try to record onto the DVD+R's with Nero Burning ROM then it says there is no room (considering they are blank)?

Is there a setting wrong on my dvd recorder or how can I get my Datawrite DVD+R's to work with Nero DVD ROM because I'd rather use Nero Burning ROM than NeoDVDstandard? Please help!!!

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Here are my guesses:

- Bad media? Try another brand.
    - Something changed in the software. Try another type. (Like Roxio or RecordNow)
    - If those both fail see if there is a firmware or driver update for your burner.

With the first suggestion, you may have recieved a bad batch of media. I had that happen with a box of CD-R's once. The whole box was bad.

3. Gory_Greg

Gory_Greg Guest

cheerz ken. does Nero Burning ROM have any problems with DVD+R's? And which is the best value DVD+R's to get?

4. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

My burner only takes the -R format, and so far I've been using this wierd generic stuff. My buddy gets it for $0.89 each.

There hasn't been much traffic on the board today, but hopefully somebody more experienced with DVD+R will be around to put their 2 cents in.