1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have a VCD disc I want a dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by zenarrrow, Apr 15, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I have a vcd is their a way to put it in like divx to dvd and copy the files like a regular dvd with shrink or decrypter? When I cpoied my vcd to another folder I have like Six different folders in it that say : CDI VCD PICTURES SEGMENT MPEGAV and EXT I have tried to open each one seperately in divxto dvd but none will any suggestions?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Inside the "MpegAV" folder is a File called "AVSEQ01.DAT".. This is the Video File so just Copy this File to your PC and rename it with an ".mpg" extention....

Now VCD Files do "Not" need to be Re-encoded to Put on a DVD as VCD Files are allready DVD Compliant accept for the Audio which needs to be 48000hz....

So Just Load this File into a DVD Authoring Program Like "Tmpgenc DVD Author" or "DVDLab Pro" both of Which will resample the audio for you and Let you add Chapters and menu"s and Let you Author the File to DVD....

If you Load this File into "DivXtoDVD" it will Just Ruin the Quality and Greatly increase the File Size...Doing the Other Method will produce No Quality Loss and will Let you Fit up to 4 Full VCD Movies on each DVD-R.....

Cheers