1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have audio but no video in realone player (plays fine in DivX 2.1)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Johnereb, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Johnereb

Johnereb Member

Ok this post may be a bit long, but i am going to try to be as discriptive as i can.First of all let me start by saying that i did search the forums but i could not find the answer, most people with similar problems as mine were missing codecs, but i do not think that is my problem.
    I am trying to convert some downloaded movies so i can burn them to DVD R disc.I have burnt several movies sucessfully using Cucusoft AVI to DVD converter, but there is a couple that when i load them into cucusoft the first part of the movie's video is froze when i try to preview it.I have tried TMPGEnc Plus 2.5 and i get the same result. I can watch these movies fine on Divx 2.1, but if i try to watch them on realone player all i get is audio and froze video (real one player shows that they are AVI files)I thought maybe i was missing some codecs so i downloaded GSpot and it said that everything was fine. ( i have 3 compatiable audio codecs and 3 compatiable video codecs)These are divx movies. Thanks for any and all suggestions

2. koola

koola Guest

Sounds strange, have you tried reinstalling them or checking if their release versions match? Common problem.

3. Johnereb

Johnereb Member

Koola, i am unclear on what you mean by "release versions" could you explain? Thanks for the help