1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have question about PS2 games

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hyperzr, Jul 7, 2007.

1. hyperzr

hyperzr Guest

Ok i have one game and i burned it with dvd decrypter and everything but when i put into PS2 it reads the disc but it saying tv system is not matching. What can i do?

2. terryn0

terryn0 Member

Sounds to me like your trying to mix a PAL game with an NTSC only TV (or NTSC game with PAL only TV).

If you have a game from another region, you have to have a TV thats compatible with that region, otherwise, it either wont play it, or the TV screen will turn gray and flash a lot.

3. hyperzr

hyperzr Guest

i dont understand... let me say again... first i got ps2 rom that is usa and i have ps2 i bought from canada and i burned ps2 rom to dvd+r and when i put it in ps2 word is poping tv system doesnt match.

4. somedude9

somedude9 Member

Alright, lets break it down for ya. PAL is a different video format then the one that the US of A uses. the USA uses the video format of NTSC. If you try to play a PAL game on a NTSC system and TV the picture will be black and white and the screen will flash a lot or the tv just wont work. to play your PAL game on a NTSC or visa versa on your system you either have to have converter software installed on your PS2 along with a mod chip. Then your PS2 and TV should have no problem playing the game. The game should play like normal. Your TV is another thing. If it is a sony tv you shouldnt have to do anything, but have a mod chip installed, and you shouldnt have to have the converter software at all. The big difference between PAL and NTSC is the refresh rate. NTSC is 60 while PAL is only 50. You will need a mod chip any way to bypass security checks on the disk. So... any way you go you HAVE TO HAVE A MODCHIP. Hope this helps!

5. hyperzr

hyperzr Guest

really? althrough i dont know wat is ntsc and pal but in one word i just need mod chip right?

6. somedude9

somedude9 Member

That is Corrrrrrect! Well... and then sometimes you need a progran installed on your ps2. Try it without the program first. Get the Crystal Chip. Then download the latest hacked firmware for it. here is the website to buy the modchip and get it installed. This guy is pretty fair on his prices and does AMAZING work.

www.themodguy.com

and here is the website to get the latest hacked firmware:

http://www.eurasia.nu/

go to the downloads section and type in "CC Firmware"
    Get the latest one which at this time is R34.

You dont have to get the hacked firmware but it is required if you want to play backup games.

Have fun!

7. hyperzr

hyperzr Guest

i see.. but crystal modchip is pretty expensive... how about Duo 3?

and when i downloaded "CC Firm" how im going to use it?

8. somedude9

somedude9 Member

The crystal chip is worth the extra money. and when you download it you unzip it and burn the unzipped files to a blank CD. Put the CD in your ps2 after it has been modded and put in your memory card and the CD will do the rest.

9. hyperzr

hyperzr Guest

Thanks! i'll try someday ^^