1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have tons of questions i need some help.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by megadunderhead, Mar 9, 2013.

1. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

ok after watching several setup videos on the r4i 3ds sdhc model flash card i have some questions some big questions!!!!

1. how do i update this thing???????

2. what folders need to be placed on the card????

3. how do you play gba gbc and gameboy roms??

Do i need a gameboy to ds emulator????

no site has been very helpful in these questions

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

1, get the update from the website printed on the card
    2, all folders that come from the download also create a GAMES folder and put roms in there
    3, don't know never tried
    edit<<<<<< you probably need a ds lite to perform the update if the cart is for a dsi/xl/3d

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  3. christopher

christopher Member

quick guide on how to update R4i-SDHC flashcart kernel
    1.Remove the MicroSD card from the R4i-sdhc flashcart
    2.Insert the MicroSD card into the card reader and plug the card reader into a USB port on your PC, which will appear as a removable disk drive on your PC.
    3.Format your MicroSD card
    4.Download the latest V1.66b kernel
    5.You may need a WinRAR (or any decompression program) to unzip the V1.66b kernel file
    6.Extract all the files from the folder into the root of the MicroSD card
    7.Done

or you can buy a r4i-sdhc 3ds card with the latest firmware and kernel already patched, then you can use it out of the box.

yet, you need a slot-2 flashcart to play GBA games if you go for the r4i-sdhc 3ds, or you can buy a supercard dstwo if you want the extra stuff like being able to play GBA games.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Not according to there website i didn't need to use a flash card for gba because the r4i i purchased says it works with gbc and gb roms and they show up in the latest wood kernel and i did finally get the thing to update but they wont launch i was wondering is there a emulator that runs on the ds that does this i heard there was goomba for the ds but i cannot find it any where and then there was also gbs exploder which doesn't work at all it see's the rom but wont play it