1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Have Too Many DVD's!

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by wrkactjob, Feb 6, 2008.

1. geostone

geostone Member

This is what I do. I rip the DVDs into DIVX files and store them on an external hard drive. I then connect external hard drive to laptop and laptop to TV. I have a Bose system that connects to my laptop for sound. Each DIVX movie is about 1-1.5 GB. For playback I use plain old Windows Media Player in full screen mode. The only "bad" thing about this setup is I have cables running all behind my computer and television and I can't stand that, otherwise I get "Good Quality" playback and sound. However, I do not think I would recommend this setup for "High Quality" expectations. It does the job for me, but I will keep experimenting to see what I can come up with.

2. KniRider

KniRider Member

Yea, I tried that also, but the pixelation on black areas is just too much for me to watch. :(

Mike

3. geostone

geostone Member

Very true, but that is why I said I consider it to be just "Good Quality". I am deployed and limited as to what I can download so it makes it tough to experiment.

*EDIT* I can't even view the downloads page from this site.
    LMAO Stoopid Government

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008