1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have tried to be polite, am i doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by sjfshaun, May 1, 2002.

1. sjfshaun

sjfshaun Guest

I have several avis that are of decent quality. All are full, and non-broken and can be readily veiwed with WMP7 and Divx, however only one of my avis can be veiwed or edited by TMPGenc or virtualdub. ive tried to go into global settings and increase priority of avis - did not help. so when i try to convert them to mpeg format (after choosing the right template) all i am left with is an mpeg with audio but no video.
    under properties of my avis, they all seem to be of the proper frame rate and size, the only diffrence that i can discern is the only editable avi is 16 bit all others are 24 bit does this matter?

Nero says that it can make a vcd with mpegs or avis so i tried to make a VCD using a few short avis in the compilation part of nero i can highlight all avi and click play and they all play perfect. but after creating the vcd only the same avi as mentioned before plays audio and video all other tracks work, but only show a black screen with audio.
    when making this vcd in menu preview only the one thumbnail was veiwable.

I have read all of theese threads already and couldnot find my exact problem.

I am forever in your debt, THANKS in advance -Shaun

2. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

sjfshaun: try downloading and installing all divx codecs 3.11, 4.0, and 5.0 . that should do the trick. you may be using codecs like angel potion and such which dont work really well with nero.

3. sjfshaun

sjfshaun Guest

THANK YOU!,THANK YOU!, THANK YOU!, You truly are a wonder boy! That fixed my problem!
    While I was looking for the codec, I found a really cool program that will change change the info in the avi to tell it what to open with. I dont want to step on any one's toes by putting the link here but think you guys will like it (I didnt see it on this site):
    http://inmatrix.hoyty.com/mirror/avic100.zip

4. sjfshaun

sjfshaun Guest

One more quick questain if you have time:
    I only have a 56k connection, so it takes me about 5 nights or so to dl a whole avi. Normally i can watch (using Divx) the part i have downloaded so far, but on my current movie i was able to veiw part of the movie, but after downloading more divx will no longer open it (the download is still not complete) Is this normal or OK??

Thanks again Shaun

5. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

SJFSHAUN: its normal I cant watch a partial downloaded divx file but you can watch partial mpgs.......glad to help .....