1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I INSTALLED CHAMELEON CHIP, WHAT DO I DO NOW?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by NOODLEMAN, Oct 29, 2003.

1. NOODLEMAN

NOODLEMAN Member

I installed the chip, which I was led to believe was pre-flashed. The XBOX boots up like normal. I don't know if this is normal or if I need to add a bios. I really don't know what to do next becuase there was literally no documentation with the chip. I have tried the Xodus web site but all i see are a bunch of testimonials about how easy the install was. can someone please help me out.
    -thanks

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Your chip was most likely preflashed with a Linux bios, in which case you shouldn't have the normal Xbox start up screen. You should get a Blue Linux screen promting you for a disc and the DVD tray opening.
    Here's the link to the manual: http://images.xodus-chip.com/Pinheader_Install.zip

It should explain how to make the bios disc and reflash the chip. Use either an Evox or X2 bios.

From the sounds of it your chip isn't installed properly. First check the D0 wire to make sure it's in the correct hole in the motherboard. and then once you have the Linux screen reflash the chip.

RustyDog

3. corc

corc Member

make sure that you have the rivets that should come supplied with the chip. If not you will have problems getting the chip to work.

4. NOODLEMAN

NOODLEMAN Member

OK, i got the chip installed properly and the blue linux screen boots up. I burned evox onto a cdrw and put it in the xbox. it went though its process and turned off like the manual said it wood, but when I tried to boot up the xbox again all i got was a black screen. the xbox itself is flashing red, green and amber and will not even eject the disc. What's going wrong here? Is it a bad burn, a bad bios or something?

5. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Could have been either a bad bios or flash. Also make sure your using a bios that's correct for your version Xbox. The EvoxM7 is the newest and works with all versions.

You should still be able to change the DIP switches to boot from a different Bank to the Linux bios and reflash Bank 0 using a disc. Just remember to switch back to Bank 0 to see if the flash worked.

RustyDog

6. NOODLEMAN

NOODLEMAN Member

I cant seem to find evox m7 on the net. I don't have acess to irc or newsgroups right now, any suggestions?
    thanks

7. mardos

mardos Guest

8. NOODLEMAN

NOODLEMAN Member

thanks for the link. What is the difference between the the two versions ( I don't know what eject fix means). I burned the one without the eject fix and it loaded up fine and shut down, like it is supposed to. When I re booted the Xbox, everything was back to the original xbox screen, nothing different. What should I expect to see when the bios is loaded properly?
    Thanks again for all the help

9. GetModded

GetModded Guest

You won't see anything different. The bios allows you to load unsinged disc's and apps.
    Next step is to load the EvolutionX dash to the hardrive.

Posting links to illegal software is not a very good idea.

RustyDog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2003
  10. NOODLEMAN

NOODLEMAN Member

OK, So I've got the Bios installed. Thanks. But now, of course, I can't find the evolution x dash. If someone could help me out i'd really appreciate it.
    thanks so much to all who have helped me out on this, my room mates are convinced that I will destroy the xbox and without all the help I've gotten here they'd probably be right.

11. GetModded

GetModded Guest

PM'ed you

12. NOODLEMAN

NOODLEMAN Member

Thank you so much for all the help

13. NOODLEMAN

NOODLEMAN Member

Ok, I've got the dash. Do I just burn that to cdrw and pop it in the xbox? is that it or am I going to need something else? What should I see on the screen if it works? Thanks again for all the help rusty, after looking at your thread and seeing all the good reviews I realize that I probably should've just shipped it off to you.

14. GetModded

GetModded Guest

The easiest thing to do would be to use an Auto Installer like Team Xaviers or Slayers. You just extract the ISO using WinRAR and then burn the ISO to CD-RW or DVD R or RW.

If you've got just the dash you'll need to make an Xbox ISO image from the files and then burn that to disc.

RustyDog

15. bigniggy

bigniggy Member

I have an xecuter 2.3 lite plus and I de-soldered the holes, put the chip in (like 3 weeks ago) and it worked fine, I have used flashftp and backed up my games, done it all...now for some reason today I tried to start up my xbox, out of no where all I get is:

3 failed attempts to start up, ending with the flashing red/green light on the cd tray open button. It has worked before, so I am pretty sure the chip is fine, but what must I do? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.
    Sorry, forgot to mention (if it matters) that there is the 2 blue lights on the chip and the 1 on the switch.... Just so you guys know if your trying to help. Thanks.