1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just cant figure this out? error msg using cloneDVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by akatz17, Nov 8, 2006.

1. akatz17

akatz17 Member

I am new to ripping/encoding/burning DVDs and I cannot seem to find a method that works for me. I've used various decryption programs (DVD Decrypter, dvdFABdecrypter, anyDVD) and I've used various ripping programs (DVD Shrink 3.2, cloneDVD2). My good friend swears by dvdFABdecrypter and cloneDVD2 but, for some odd reason, it wont work for me. FABdecrypter seems to work fine but when I run the video files through cloneDVD2 I get the same error message:

unexpected error

Please be sure that all input files are available and that they
    represent a properly mastered DVD.
    If the error persists, please send an error description to
    bugs@elby.ch.

[NavigationPack 0 VOBU 4 431779 365 PictureReader]

This same error occurred when trying to burn both Zoolander and Baseketball, which are both relatively older movies. By the way, I am using 16x Sony DVD-Rs (it says "AccuCORE" on the front of the DVD-R) If you guys can offer any help I'd greatly appreciate it, I'm just completely lost right now.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi akatz17
    What version of DVDFab are you using? The latest is 3.0.3.5. Update to that one if not up to date. Some versions of 3 gave some user problems when ripping or with the ripped files.

What happens when you used AnyDVD running in the background w/ Clone?

All the programs you have should handle these.

For these and the older ones trying using just Shrink - no need to rip to the hard drive 1st than open the files in it or Clone.
    Shrink will autoburn if you have Nero installed or you can pick 'iso and burn w/ decrypter'.

For the newer ones though you will need DVDFab Decrypter, AnyDVD or RipIt4Me.

3. akatz17

akatz17 Member

binkie7-

Thank you so much. Who would have thought something as minor as switching from version 3.0.2.5. to 3.0.3.5. would make all the difference. Thanks again.

akatz17

4. JVC

JVC Active member

Glad you got it to work.
    It isn't 'minor'. That's exactly why software companies release updates. So the software will do something, it wouldn't do before.