1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i keep ruining DVDs!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by skitzo63, Jan 2, 2005.

1. skitzo63

skitzo63 Member

arrrrgggh. ok the frustration is building, and i cannot seem to sort this one out. i have been gettin *.rar from a bit torrent site (shuuush don't tell) then extracting them to a *.img file. cool.

i load up the img file in dvd decrypter (like suggested - your guids are A++ btw) and then pop in a trusty DVD+R. click on it and everything starts to burn.

"X" ammoun of time later i get a message. it pops up, gives an error message and says "its failed to write secotrs such and such. so fine, i get mad and try again. this time i get passed the "danger zone" from the previous burn. i hold my breath then again, "X" ammount of time later i get the same bloody thing.

what the heck is going on here? its always at a different spot. if it can read the sectors once, shouldn't it be able to read them all? am i missing something?

*sigh* please advise, i am not getttin aany DVDs burned, just a whole lotta frisbies for the kinds in the summer :(

2. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

hey if u have an image file, why don't utry extract it onto your hard drive, then let dvd shrink analyze it and see if you get any errors. if u do, then there is no way u will get that movie going on.