1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i love my cd-rs, where can i find more of the same

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by jiggaben, Jul 31, 2002.

1. jiggaben

jiggaben Guest

ATIP: 97m 15s 12f
    Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
    Reflective layer: Dye (Long strategy; e.g. Cyanine, Azo etc.)
    Media type: CD-Recordable
    Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
    nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)

That is what im using now, at the time, i bought 4 50-packs from Ebay, and im down to my last spindle, what do i do now? I would like at least 50 more. They burn fine at 32x on my 40x generic burner. Any info would be great, thanks

2. BillyG

BillyG Member

Were these generics? Ritek makes CD-R's for a buttload of companies - Memorex, TDK, Fuji (color CD-R's). CompUSA and Philips!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2002
  3. jiggaben

jiggaben Guest

sorry no, they are TDKs, turquoise bottom, and a beigish top. if possible, id like the white top TDKs, those were good to me as well.

4. Infernoz

Infernoz Member

I have tried various High Street CD-R brands and come to the conclusion that they are expensive, unreliable, oriental crap, 32x NOT, 8x more like!

Intenso are the biz because they are one of the few makers of 90+min CD-R's, and they work perfectly up to 90min in my Ricoh M7200A at 20x! I've tried Mirror 90min CD-R's before, but they are more expensive and don't over-burn as reliably.

My fav CD-R supplier is: www.cd-rmedia.co.uk, excellent bulk prices :)

Infernoz

5. Telstar

Telstar Member

You should be able to find the Ritek made TDK 40X CD-Rs in most US retail stores, just make sure you pick the grey bottom ones with hard plastic cover. Circuit City has them on sale for $4.99 after two rebates this week.

Digital Research CD-Rs sold in the Best Buy stores are also made by Ritek.