1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I m sick of America, Where should i move.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Shinraboy, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

To anyone who has lived in USA and then moved, where is a good country to move to?

Australia, UK, Asia?

2. ireland

ireland Active member

Go to iraq where they love ex-Americans

as ye can see,look at all the ex-Americans that are on there way to iraq

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  3. dragonz17

dragonz17 Regular member

lol- [bold]ireland[/bold] where do manage to get your humurous images from?

4. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

lol. But Please be serious, where is a good place?

5. ireland

ireland Active member

I am serious you do not know how good ye have it here in America.
    i guess ye want to see what other countrys are like...or your parents are on ye..or ye are in some kind of trouble..

i lived in other countrys,but it was great to come back home...to the usa..

you never gave a reason as to why ye want to leave...

people are busting there arse's to get in..and your busting ye arse to get out.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the countries you listed tend to be more restrictive of your rights, especially with personal weapons and internet use.

try Canada, Finland, etc.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I can see Irelands point but there is much to be said for other countries too Canada and Finland are certainly among them, the other scandanavian countries, Holland is certainly among my favorites. I grew up with a foot in the US and a foot in Canada and I've got to admit that the Canadians are far more conscious of the welfare of their citizens than the US is. While I am a US citizen and think the US has much to offer, it's pure arrogance to think that we're the best an no once comes close. If memory serves, we have only the eighth highest standard of living.

8. mariasman

mariasman Member

Dude my favorite place is Brazil anywhere along the beach, but it's pretty dangerous. Another place that I like is Thailand. Nicaragua is a pretty safe banana republic and it's growing so jobs should be easy.

Just take a two week trip to a few likely places before you decide.

Good luck

Rick

9. TNARIPPER

TNARIPPER Guest

a good place for someone like you is anywhere but america. go too most other countries and you will wish you were back in america. go to iraq they will be glad to have your ass.

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

TNA, i see no reason to be hostile. people migrate from country to country all over the world, and people tend to always think *their* country is the *best* country, so no need for a high horse.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

i say no matter where ye go,be proud of your country of origin.
    i am...........
    remember it your home..where your friends and family are

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Shinraboy & dragonz17, edit your sigs to conform to forum rules ASAP!!
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

13. emazur

emazur Member

I cannot stress this enough- for the place you are wanting to go, make sure it is what you think it is.

I lived in the US for 22 yrs, then to Japan for 5. I thought the US was all about a bunch of bullshitters who lacked the capacity to look beyond whatever pop-culture dictated what was hot for the moment, realize it was junk later on, and then move onto the next fad. I had relatively uncommon tastes growing up (and still have uncommon tastes), such as liking world culture- music and Asian-designed things (clothes, buildings, food, philosophy, etc). I already had an interest in Japan from when I was a teen (from videogames and manga), and looking at pictures from travel books it seemed like a great combination of being truly Asian + modern.

Truth is Japan is extremely Westernized and Japanese have no pride for things Asian (except food, but stay away vegetarians). Ask someone if they listen to Japanese music with the koto (harp) or shamisen (3-stringed instrument) or shakuhachi (flute) and they just might laugh at you. Go riding a bicycle with someone a little out of the typically western-style housing neighborhood and point out a nice looking Japanese style house to someone. Don't be surprised if they blurt out that it's too old fashioned to be worth living in. Look around at the people passing by and see if they're wearing geta-sandals or kimonos. No? How about at least a t-shirt or jeans with some cool looking Japanese symbols or designs? Sorry, try somewhere else.

Wanting to learn Japanese? Most Japanese people don't care one way or another for Westerners, but the ones who do have an interest in them are the ones who are going to try to talk to you in English and NEVER in Japanese (you'll have to force the issue, and even then since they have no Asian pride, you might find they have not much to say that will interest you). By the way, 90% + of Americans, Canadians, Brits, Aussies, etc, even if they have lived in Japan for years and/or are married to a Japanese spouse, can't speak Japanese worth a damn and make no effort to do so. Contrast this with the Chinese, Indians, Vietnamese, or Middle Easterners who live in Japan who not only make the effort to speak good Japanese, they often know how to speak a 3rd or 4th language as well.

It wasn't all bad, there are some good things such as the excellent public transportation, the relatively safe environment, and taxes syphoned from your income are much lower than America (that's part of why I stayed for 5 years). It was a learning experience and gave me a point of reference of what to look for and avoid in life. And it opened a door for me in that I'm working on a book on how to best learn the 2000 or so Chinese characters. But the bottom line is that Japan just wasn't what I was looking for. If I had visited there first, I never would have committed to living there. If I had questioned and investigated my assumptions about Japan first, I highly doubt I would have even wanted to go for a visit.

So think hard about the kind of environment you would like to live in, research what kind of countries fit this environment, and bombard people who have been there with questions. If it checks out so far, go for a visit and plan your trip well. Then, if you really think it is better than America, try living there for a while and see for yourself. That is the best advice I can give. Make no assumptions about said country being "better than America" and take this quote by Mark Twain to heart:
    "It isn't what you don't know that can hurt you. It's what you know, that just ain't so."

14. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

LOL and Dragonz even has the Rules IN HIS SIG! It makes me wonder if he even read them.

15. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

OK, enough of Iraq. Enough of Iran. It's not very funny.

I am very aware of what is going on politically and of the lives lost.

For those who blame Bush, read books instead of Anti-Bush tee-shirts because Clinton received many threats and did nothing but cause scandals. He did nothing, then time came for bush to be president and all of clintons faults hit the fan.

For those who blame Bush for loss of lives. I sympathise, honestly I do, even someone i LOVED was lost. But in the end, the fighters know what they are up against. THERE IS NO DRAFT! In the end it is ones own decision, just like sonmeone crosses the street without looking two ways, it is a risk.

Finally,

In the midst of all that is going on, we (and i) nust continue living, we cant freeze because of political circumstances, i know the risk and im not taking it. I will continue living and pray for those in danger.
    PS: I dont mean to offend.

pp s, you all are being helpful, THANKS!

16. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

I do and i always will, im just looking for a different outlet, y'know? Im not ashamed of anything, i just have curiosity.

17. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

If you have curiosty than go on a Vacation to a country, then decide you want to live there. Make sure you know what you are getting into. Don't just say " This seems like a good country,I'm moving here". Do some research and if you think you got an idea on where you want to live than i would tour around it first.

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

shinraboy, ddp [bold]just[/bold] warned you about your sig...it's nearly three times too large. change it, or you'll be banned.

19. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Hey,
    I have lived in Australia, Germany, USA, and Algeria. I should say, Algeria Isn't too different to Iraq, and to all of you, it's really not that bad. It's not like some desolate cess pit as most think it is. Iraq Really isn't that bad... In the north. But Anyway, I Liked Germany the most, Australia and the US close behind, I personally disliked Algeria, For my own reasons. But, I see now there are clear diversities, Australia, Laid Back, Uber Laid Back, Relaxed, Sunny, but... (No too great jobs to get, honestly Australia is not the place to go if you want to make a fortune. If you do go, Move to the West Coast, Western Australia, thats where its at :)
    Germany, Opposite to Australia, Great Jobs, Uber Stressed, Not relaxed at all, Massively work based, But Honestly, I'm not saying this with any bias, but an American will not get a Job in Germany, Apart from the Natural prejudice against Americans (American troops have been here for about 60 years now) apart from that, you have to know English and German, and their education is On a completley different scale, you'd probaby have to do another three years of schooling to catch up (Even if you have graduated in the States)
    Algeria: Nice people, Great Culture, Great Food, Ample Job Oppertunites. Ample Universites, CHEAP CARS, Pirated DVDs and games.
    USA: Downsides: I have yet to find a food package that has less then 100 calories per serving (I'm totally serious) It's Grossley un-healthy to eat the food. But, The people are very Freindly, honest and generous. Nice Cars, Microwaves that talk to you. Lots of Money to go round. I love the Mid west, all of that. A HELL OF A LOT OF TV CHANNELs! I swear I spent three days channel flipping and didn't get bored. But whatever. God Bless America, Ich Liebe Deutschland, Und Australien! Algeria AUch!

EDIT: Repeated Sentence

20. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@ shinraboy
    well if i may add something to this stupid azz question.....for starters i have proudly served in the army. i got out right as the first gulf ass kicking we gave out. you might not agree with why we are there but we are there and you do your best as a soilder and person can. there are thousands who have given there life for this country and there will be thousands more to do so... and for people like you who want to find another country... why we fight for you is beyond my beleif, but we do fight so you can decide that america is not where your sorry spoiled snobbish self can complain about something you will never understand. why dont ya go to cuba for about say 3 hours and you will be with the rest trying to leave to get to america, or mexico, or better yet see how long you can live the life you are living now in china..... i know america has its problems and down falls, but at least we/i can realise that, and do something about it to change it unlike any other place where you are told when you can go to the bathroom(yes that is to the extreme but you get the point)....

Im sorry to anyone i have offended. i dont ever flame out at any one on AD for anything cause iknow people have there opinion's but it is people like this that really piss me off.once agian ive served proudly and would do it again in a heart beat just so fools like this can sit at home and whine and cry about how bad they have it here..... you all like this can go blow me!!!!!!

once again i am sorry for those who i offended and i know i have.
    i also know there are more good people out there that would give there life to get into the USA.it is those good people that make the US the way it is..... and continue to be...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.