1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I m sick of America, Where should i move.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Shinraboy, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rav009

rav009 Active member

Don't move to the UK, far too boring. Do something crazy; you won't regret it.... ;)

2. mgrace47

mgrace47 Member

To Ashroy01:

Thanks for the response. This article looked a little suspicious so I went to the Pew Research Center’s website (I’m somewhat familiar with this group) to research the survey mentioned in the news report.

Couldn’t find it. I’m sure its there somewhere, but I could not locate it. If you can, please refer it to me as I am very interested in this subject.

My source is the “Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance in the U.S., 2005” report from the US Census Bureau. Here’s what the Census Bureau says:

Lowest Household Median Income—the South page. 6

Largest gap between household income in the highest income quintile and the lowest income quintile—the South, page 10.

Most people living below poverty level—the South (by a huge margin), page 14

Most people without health insurance—the South (by a huge margin), page 22.

I think common sense tells us that education levels are lower in the Sunbelt but I can get the numbers if you really want them.

Please, I’m certainly not saying that people in the Sunbelt are unhappy and I'm sure the South is a wonderful place to live---but economic security alleviates financial anxieties which contributes to one’s overall sense of well-being.

To suggest that people who live in some of the poorest states in the country are somehow "happier" than the rest of us is counter-intuitive.

I've never met a "happy" person who couldn't afford to see a doctor for themself or their child--or who had to struggle every week just to pay their bills.

You can find my cards at http://www.census.gov/prod/2006pubs/p60-231.pdf, if interested.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

It seems to me that if sunshine is a necessary element to happiness, places like the UK would have to add prozak to the public water supply. Still, there is at least a grain of truth to it as "seasonal affective disorder" is, I'm told a legit psych disorder. So too, winters in Philadelphia are generally grey and drizzly and I doubt that I'm the only one who begins to feel as "blah" as the weather after a while.

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

If you don't like america please leave - There will be many, many , many others willing to beg borrow or steal their way into this country - Some noble souls even are going as far as to join the services before becoming full citizens ! What they call a Greencard soldiers ! I respect all our armed forces , whether you agree with the way things are or not ! you gotta respect someone that's putting there life on the line for you 24/7 whether there natural born or Naturalised americans they're doing that for your right to bitch about what's wrong with the usa , to keep and bear arms , to worship at the church , temple , or house of worship of your choice ! Something you can't do in every other country ! NO America is not perfect nothing ever is but I'll leave you a thought for when you leave ? More people want to be americans and move here than want to leave ! Pray for Peace , Support our Troops ! , God bless them' all & the Cops & fireman to ! Ps # You could always move to Mexico I hear that they Have good Mexican food there - They might even hire you at Taco bell ! Bon voyage - In a good way !

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  5. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

I wouldn't recommend you come to the UK.. Americans get kidnapped and killed over here.. As well as Australians

6. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

7. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Personally if I were to move again I would be off to the Greek island of Crete although Rhodes or any of the bigger ones would be ok. I like the sun and the mild winters, no snow and a pretty relaxed way of life (generally) I would stay away from the Carribean due to the storm etc there even though its pretty appealing. Another thing to take into consideration is the visa etc requirements required to live in some countries. I have dual citizenship and did I have to go through the mill to get it!! (but it does mean that i could go to europe to live if I wanted to)

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

aabbccdd, edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP.
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
    4. If you want to use both text and image in your signature the image should not be more than 500 pixels wide and 100 pixels tall, and you can use up to three lines of text.

9. ashwin18

ashwin18 Regular member

How's Paris? I'd personally like to move there, for the classy lifestyle.

10. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Interesting thread, but it brings to mind this quote which has always stayed with me since I was a young child:

From JFK........And so, my fellow americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country.

Life is what YOU make it, remember the grass always looks greener on the other side, until you get there. LOL

11. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

The poster is most probably referring to a study done last year on depression your more likley to suffer from it in winter than in summer something to do with daylight hours or whatever,as for the south being poorer,drug abuse etc,that would be more what concentration of race is there i would think,the underprivalaged are always over represented in one race or another the world over and us westeners like to think of ourselves civilised...lol...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2007
  12. lonernz

lonernz Member

Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war that we know about peace, more about killing that we know about living.

13. Thoatih12

Thoatih12 Regular member

true that..:)lol agree to this here.

14. Starrift

Starrift Regular member

Thats true but extremely off topic. Another country to look into would be Egypt,theres allot of history in that country.plus Anubis is just plain cool ^_~

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

screw leaving america... i'm in pennsylvania for the week, and this place is frickin' awesome...

...then again, maybe that's because the lady friend is here. ^.~

16. Starrift

Starrift Regular member

Yep. Thats the reason :p lol. I my self would actually like to visit the city Cynopolis (means City Of Dogs)in Egypt, it's the place where they worshiped Anpu (more commonly known as Anubis).

17. dude845

dude845 Regular member

Canada is a great place, free health care too.

18. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Oh well. Im done searching. I decided to live in Puerto Rico. It's the closest thing to America without certain things y'know?

I love it here! Thanks for all ur suggestions! I really appreciate it!!!

:)

19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if everyone there is anything like my high school spanish teacher (puerto rico native), i'd never set foot there.

hope you enjoy, then. buena suerte.

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

hell half of everyone there has come to the USA and the of half is trying to get here lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.