1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I m sick of America, Where should i move.

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Shinraboy, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

they don't have to try. Puerto Ricans are American citizens. they don't vote and they don't pay taxes, but they get all the other perks.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Sounds alright to me. Not that I'd want to live there, though. I'm going to leave the UK when I'm older; I don't really like it here. Well... maybe. That's what I'd like; I may end up staying put. :p

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  3. killak

killak Member

come to canada!!!

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Maybe =P

Lol~

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I know that when I retire we will go somewhere warm, that does not have all this blasted white stuff, we plan to move south.

6. RippDogg

RippDogg Regular member

When you leave, take MGrace with you. There's a reason people are moving out of California, New York, etc. to the Carolinas, Alabama, and Mississippi. The South is a great place to live; the people are hospitable, the landscape beautiful, and it is one of the most expansive areas for new jobs in the nation. Try expanding your search beyond an article or census report and actually go and visit these places before you copy pages of statistics in an effort to impress.

7. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Geez, I hate when people say these boys didnt get drafted,they enlisted, like they deserve to be there cause of it, 98% joined cause they needed a job and or extra money, and the same percentage never knew they were gonna be sent there, think before you speak for christ sake.

8. tsumiro

tsumiro Guest

40ft under the daisys

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

FredBun- Your logic is clouded & wrong ! By Definition The military's Job is To break-Shit and Kill people ! Period ! anything you learn above and beyond is gravy ! What you are saying is like saying I wanna be a policeman ! but I don't want to Fight criminals , Get shot at !, Deliver babies ! Enforce laws or anything else a police officers job entails in the real world !
    You just wanna pull guard duty at the mall Chase Women & eat Doughnuts ! Anyone Enlisting in the service takes an oath They know whats going on ! I have the utmost respect for our Troops & firemen & policeman ! & whether you think that defending ones country is stupid or inane whether as a Soldier, sailor, Marine ,cop or whateverisd irelevant! They are doing what they do for you ! whether George W. Bush is YOUR president Or not ! They deserve your respect & support ! You can hate the war disagree with whoever you want ! protest Peacefully if you want ! I would respect that ! That's The american way ! freedoms of Speech ,assembly ect.. That Theese Men & women and their fathers & Forefathers died for or are still dying for ! So don't belittle our Proud fighting men and women by saying they did'nt know what's going on ? They deserve more rspect than that ! America is a Great Country !!! Not perfect But not that bad either ! Might I suggest if you don't like it here that you move to another Country Like Iran , China , North Korea Where I'm sure your opinions about America will be welcomed ! Hell ! you'll probably be the most popular guy in the Forced labor camps too!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@BIGTOXY69...I was a Marine Corps medic during the viet nam war. Fortunately for me, I wasn't in combat but served in the Naval Hospital catering to the second marines ... the patients we got were those who managed to survive the initial stages of medical care and were sent to either experience a long slow recovery or suffer a long slow death; it was about 50/50. I saw some truly horrible stuff and saw a lot of kids die slowly ... many of whom I became friends with even though one tries not to. All the while, people called us "baby-killers", the spit at us, ganged up on us and best us up ... while in transit in Philly for a couple of weeks, we were forbidden from leaving the base because the problem was so bad. Even in the best of areas, no one dared leave the base in uniform and a lot of guys went to the length of buying expensive, realistic wigs so their haircut wouldn't give them away as military. Even after all these years, it still pisses me off when I think about it.

The thing is, I don't know a single veteran who approves of what's going on. "I was only following orders" was the single most common excuse of nazi soldiers after the second world war. One cannot always condone blind obedience even if their actions are for their country though I certainly understand it. After what I went through, not to mention the countless thousands like me, I have enormous respect for our troops and I pray that public support never turns on them as it did with us. Its more disheartening and hurtful than most people can imagine to have your fellow citizens slap you in the face for doing your duty.

I agree that it is a marine's or soldiers job to defend the country but that commitment MUST exist on both sides of the fence; the soldiers are doing their part but the disregard for their lives is inexcusable.

The United States has pulled a complete 180 in this regard. It use to be that war was only acceptable in the event of a well defined and very specific imminent danger to our land. The Brits and the continental Europeans were furious with us because we would not get involved in the second world war; we didn't get involved until we were damned certain that Hitler was a direct threat to us after what seemed to be the certain conquest of Europe. That is the way it should be; its the government's responsibility to its military ... a resposibility which wasn't met in Korea, Viet Nam and now Iraq.

That Iraq was no immenent danger to us isn't a matter of opinion but rather a certain and provable lie. That 9/11 was an unspeakable act isn't an arguable matter but neither is the fact that Iraq had nothing to do with it nor did Iraq have anything to do with Al Qaeda ... Al Qaeda was a greater threat to Iraq; Hussaine hated them and they hated him as they hated all secular government and committed acts of terrorism throughout all secular mid-east governments ... hundreds and hundreds of them. While Hussain was a tyrant of extraordinary proportion, he kept Al Qaeda under his thumb because they were a huge threat to him and his secular government. Al Qaeda wan't in Iraq until we opened the flood gates. In short, we have given Bin Laden the best Christmas gift he could have asked for and that isn't speculation BIGTOXY, its simple and provable fact.

My point is that our government has ignored their responsibility to the troops ... fortunately, the populace hasn't and for that, having been through it myself, I'm more grateful than you can imagine. But our government has put our troop in harms way in a country that posed no threat to us. That's inexcusable. We never should have gone there but now that we have, we owe something to those people for having turned their country upside down. The UN estimates that around 150,000 Iraqi's have been killed...guess who the mid east is going to hold responsible for that? Does anyone really believe that this will stop attacks here at home? Like president Ford said before he died ... this has been a huge mistake.

Edit: Kindly forgive the rant!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2007
  11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'm giving you a bit chocolate chip cookie at some point in the future, ger.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

Instead of moving out of america see if ye qualify to move to the State of Arkansas

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland...lol that was pretty good! I had a friend in the service who fit that profile perfectly although he was from West Virginia. His nickname was "Hillbilly" for obvious reason. One of my roommates was wearing aftershave and he said in his quaint drawl "You smell like the northbound end of a southbound skunk".

14. ireland

ireland Active member

15. CrowDUDE

CrowDUDE Member

I also have a lady friend in Philly, I met her on an AOL chat room, we traded pictures and became buddies, we IM every day for 3 months then started speaking on the phone everyday for a month on so…We felt we knew each other well enough and mutually decided to meet in person, she wanted to visit NYC since she’d never been to the big apple. On our first date I took her to one of my favorite hang outs, the WTC and she loved it! We had a nice and romantic dinner afterwards. After putting all our doubts and fears aside and just enjoying each others company, we became really hooked and fond of one another, after 3 other dates we stated dating on 4/12/01. It was hard at first, we lived 2 hours apart, and we’d see each other on every giving chance, I proposed to her 4 years later. I wanted to propose where we had our first date but the God damn effin terrorists took the WTC away from me and the world, may they burn in hell for 9/11/01..
    We were married on 7/16/06 and we now live in Philadelphia, Pa... I like Philly and I miss the NY life, thought traffic in Philly is a lot better then that of Manhattan or NYC per se. The only draw back about Philly that comes to mind, lack of experienced drivers on Philly streets, and most are just lousy drivers. The Police force in Philly is also slow or almost non existent “My wife and I were in a fender bender 3 months back where this dude cut us off and sideswiped our car with $1500 damage, we called 911 and the dispatcher said 10 to 15 minutes, after 4 hours and 3 more 911 calls the cops never showed.” What’s with the beef with Philadelphians against New Yorkers Anyway? Like I said, I like Philly and enjoy it but my wife and I are now thinking of moving to Florida, cheers…

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@ Gerry1

your not ranting your telling it how it is.

i liked you before but now i have the utmost respect for ya. Semper Fi... im not a jarhead (amry here) i Salute you.
    i dont agree with us being in Iraq right now but you know as i do we are soldiers first, and we do what it takes to be the best soldier we can be. i also didnt like the way you guys were treated when you came home from nam, but it is starting to look like its getting to be the same way with our guys and gals now. you sure as hell didnt deserve it and they dont now either..

i got out in 1990 when we went over in iraq the first time. i knew alot of guys that are there now that was over there the first time and they say the way people look at them this time is like the dont belong to the US they are just bullies. im so tired of hearing other countries cry for our help when they want 300 billion dollars to feed there lazy ass's but when its time for the US to police the world they want to stab us in the back. screw'em.

now im sorry for ranting. and i did tell a certain Mod i wouldnt post here anymore, im sorry for going back on my word, but i had to in this instance. wont happen again.
    in closeing i have 1 thing to say.

Im Proud to be an American... PERIOD!!!!
    from Alaska to Florida it's the greats 50 states(country) there is. and no one can convince me or a couple million others that it isnt the best place to live.....

God Bless the USA......

17. Bobby728

Bobby728 Member

Its Funny,No ones mentioned Hawaii?Its still America,but its a great far far away place.Its amazing over there.I grew up one the Big Island of Hawaii,its very discrete,and very different from Oahu,the people are much nicer.

18. ireland

ireland Active member

Bobby728
    cincyrob just said 50 states...so that means Hawaii in the list of 50 states..right........

cincyrob

19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

even Hawaii. never been there nor about 42 other states.so why leave when you can see all this.

Thanks Ireland

20. FredBun

FredBun Active member

BIGTOXY69, Oh man did you get my goat on this one, I dont like to argue much but you will hear this.

First of all you are mixing apples and oranges, nothing what you said made sense to my comment, you just didnt read it right, what I said is absolutly true, and please dont judge my intergrety or my patriotism to my fellow Americans, soldiers and to my Country.

This is something I dont gab about, but in this case I will, I spent 4 years in the U.S. Army Special Forces, and did two years in vietnam, I was drafted but took the extra two years to get S qualified, you can google that up to find out what that means if your intersted, please dont preach to me about war or being a soldier unless you have walked in my shoes, you have no idea what I have been thru or have seen.

Most people do not know what we went thru back than fighting a war which also we had no bussiness bieng in just like this one, did I run to Canada, no, no matter if I liked it or not I did my duty without any complaints, and did I get spit on, no, cause I didnt give anybody a chance to even try, did they try, you bet they did, that hurt more than the years I served there, we got no welcome or thanks from anybody when we came back, so dont you even say anything to me if I dont like it here than leave, I've earned my right to be here, and to express what I feel, and with some knowledge about what happined there and what is going on here now.

Of course its a soldiers duty to go to war no matter if its stupid or not, I never said anything to the contrary, I said these guys went in never knowing they were going to go where they are now, do you think most people join cause they want to go thru the hurah, march, pt, kp, or inspections etc. crap, hell no, most join cause its hard to find work sometimes or build a carier, thats no secret, also is it nothing to be ashamed of, hell I wish I stayed and did 30 I would have had it made right now.

Plus these poor grunts dont even get the chance to go home after one year like we did, even though I stayed for two, I had my reasons, these guys are spending 3 to 4 years there already, being in a place that we have no business being in, but thats mhop, you have yours, and may I add I fought so you can have it even though that was a stupid war also, and we didnt lose it by the way, they didnt let us win it, again cause the polticians kept sticking thier nose in.

So when that kid mentioned that they have nothing to complain about cause they asked for it, I dont want to hear that, you think they would not go back home this minute if they had a right to, you bet your ass they would, you think its fun getting shot at or explosives up your gege daily, join and give it a shot.

And thats why I replied to that kid, my reply was to stick up for them not to downgrade them, again, like I said before, think before you react.

I love my country, I just despise the people that are running it, and being a vet I will stick by or help any vet that ever asks for it, I know what its like to be a soldier and more so to be a soldier in combat, and last, I'm from Philly also, and as shitty as Philly can be sometimes I will say this, I have been in many cities were we were looked down upon, never did I get that when I went back to my hometown, so score some points for Philly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.