1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I messed up big time please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by bow88, Feb 15, 2007.

1. bow88

bow88 Member

Gday,

I am soft modding a mates xbox and i have done it quite a few times but this time i had problems because when you go to back up and install the screen would go green and you couldnt see if it finished or anything so i turned the xbox off after a while and turned it on and it came up with an error...

so i ran splinter cell and ran linux again but after alot of tries i just tried going into boxplorer and opening evox so i could ftp.
    - So i ftp to my computer and i was putting the splinter cell game into the right files and stuff in to the right folders etc but half way through sending i lost connection so it wrecked the linux file..

BUT this is the problem - Because i cant run the MS dash board to add linux through memory card and i now cant load the linux so i cant run evox to fix the problem in ftp.

how can i fix this??

i thought maybe, can i link two xboxs together and run use something like media player to transfur between the two?

thanks
    and sorry for the length

2. bow88

bow88 Member

PLEASE HELP!

Heres the short version

- I cant load the xbox dash to copy the splinter cell file and linux
    - i cant load the linux on the in splinter cell because the file is broken

please help me file a solution

Thanks

3. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

srry dat happend man but it sounds to me ur gonna have to hotswap and wat is the error code ur getting

4. bow88

bow88 Member

error 13, but i occasionally get error 21 as well.

Whats hot swap, is it what i think it is? (involves pulling apart your xbox??)

i was just thinking, i have the files for splinter cell on my memory card, can you (i cant figure it out if you can) load the files from your memory card, because if i can ftp i can fix it easyly....

i just got a copy of slayer as well, so also maybe there is a way to make the xbox run it (since it didnt finish modding)

thanks for your reply knockemv2

5. blake123

blake123 Guest

you will probably need to reformat the drive and re-install the ms-dash, take it back to stock in otherwords. Then re-mod the xbox with the latest mod, SID 4.5 for example. To do this though, since it's softmodded, you would need to have the eerom.bin file from the xbox and the MS Dash files, along with a program called xboxhdm. Latest version of xboxhdm is v1.9. Build an xboxhdm disk with the eeprom.bin and MS Dash files, install the xbox hdd into a computer and boot with the xboxhdm disk. Unlock the HDD, then build an xboxhd from scratch. This will re-partition, format and copy the MS dash files where they need to be. Then lock the drive back. At that point, the drive will be stock again and you can put it back into the xbox and re-mod it.

6. bow88

bow88 Member

Thats a bit of a problem i think because it didnt finish modding so i cant run dvd-r etc, like i cant run the slayer disk. So if i got that program and made a formatting disk (i think thats what you ment?) it wouldnt work would it?

7. blake123

blake123 Guest

no the harddrive has to be put in the computer.ill see if i can fin a guide.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2007
  8. blake123

blake123 Guest

9. bow88

bow88 Member

Thanks Heaps!!
    I will try them now.... i will let you know how it goes.

10. bow88

bow88 Member

im having a little trouble understanding the first one... using xboxhdm.

ok... so is there something i missed, do i have to connect the xbox to the computer somehow??

i mean i already had the C drive files and stuff and can make the ISO but now what? sorry i just dont understand the tutorial at all

11. blake123

blake123 Guest

you have to take hard drive out of xbox and put in your pc then do tutorial

12. blake123

blake123 Guest

remember if thats done wrong it will mess your xbox up.i would probely buy a chip install pretty simple.they have some for around 15 dollars.flash with latest compatible bios.then download auto installer deluxe and burn put and go threw steps.if this doesent work that is.

13. bow88

bow88 Member

sry i should give and exmaple what i dont understand.

Ok... so i made the iso.

but this is the next step

CONFIGURE YOUR COMPUTER AND XBOX: (DO NOT HOTSWAP)

1. Put you cd/dvd drive in as primary slave or secondary master and xbox hard drive in primary master.

(you are actualy placing a powered down hard drive into your computer just like you were going to use it in your computer. Well you really are going to use it in your computer, but only for a short time!! so no hotswapping is necessary)

2. Proceed to unlock your xbox hard drive.

14. bow88

bow88 Member

i read you other post after i posted my last.
    um do you know of a tutorial that has how to actually take ur hard drive out and stuff??

sorry i dont know what you would call it (the process of pulling out ur hardrive and swapping it and stuff) other wise i would google it.

ps i mean a tutorial that shows all the steps?

(is this easier than hotswap)
    im sorry that i am very much a newbie when it comes to this.. so thx for putting up with my lack of knowlege

15. blake123

blake123 Guest

you have the xboxhdm iso. made right.Is your cd dvd drive in primary slave.if it is put the xbox were your comuters hdd is.thats what i put mine and it worked for me.

16. blake123

blake123 Guest

17. blake123

blake123 Guest

18. bow88

bow88 Member

thanks heaps!
    I think i understand it all now :D

Just im having trouble getting my computer to load off the cd (like after the xboxs hard drive is plugged in my pc im having trouble getting the cdrom to be the primary slave etc.)

19. blake123

blake123 Guest

do you havce it set in your bios to boot from cd

20. bow88

bow88 Member

yep...
    i can boot it, i press 3 like the tutorial says...
    and then type "unlockhd -a" and then it says No Drive Found on Primary Master! Shutdown, attach drive and try again...

So i guess i have the cords around the wrong way??

haha again sorry i feel like a dumb ass... but could some body please explain how where everything goes like the cord/wires from the xbox hardrive goto...

I looked it up (primary and slave and stuff) and from what i understood on the wires its kind of like this.....

System Primary slave Primary master

|---------------------------|-------------------------------|
    (represents the wires)

so i have

Pc (motherboard i think)---------Xbox Hardrive -----------Pc Cd-rom