1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a Drive that will handle all my needs (CD+G)

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by karatone, Dec 16, 2003.

1. karatone

karatone Regular member

I'm currently using Pioneer drives an A105, and a A106 in my puters.My question is: Does anyone know if any of the upcoming DVD recorders will support the CD+G karaoke format. I'm a working K.J P/T and I always back up my discs, but my Pioneers won't burn CD+G. Plextor has always been one of the few companys that support CD+G but I'm not sure if they will continue this. This may be out of their hands and fall into the Software company, currently I use an older version of Pagus's Discjuggler on my daughters pc burning with Plextor 12X scsi drives,but it would be awesome to have one drive that would truly do it all,any info. would be helpful, thanks

2. flanman

flanman Member

The Plextor DVD burners have hardware built in to read/copy the cd+g dics. However I have both Sony 500Ax and Liton 411s that can copy cd+g with the proper software. I use Alcohol 120 and have copied over 100 cd+g. There are a few hitches, but I am probably getting 95% of the songs copied perfectly.

3. ls3mach

ls3mach Member

I would suggest making an image file, using Nero, Alchohol, or Record Now Max. These will make an exact copy of the disc and its geometry. It will essentially be that disc.

Lonzo

4. karatone

karatone Regular member

Flanman, thanks for the reply, I currently burn my CD+G discs onto Ritek silver/silver CDR media,which media are you using with your DVDR drives? I hope I didn't confuse anyone ,my goal is to be able to back-up my DVD collection onto DVD-R media, and back up my CD+G collection onto CDR media using one recorder.At this time I've got to use different computers to do these tasks ,and would like to find a single DVD recorder to it all. I don't have Alcohol 120 but I will try to get it and look into it's features. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks