1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a few simple things...

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ClevrAC2G, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ClevrAC2G

ClevrAC2G Member

..for some reason, ive been having the damndest time trying to get the info or whatever it is that i need..

heres the jist of it, my friend and i tradded xbox's, his modded, mine not.
    i now have all my gamesaves from my xbox on a memory card, whats the easiest way to get them from the memory card to my new modded xbox's harddrive?

also, i was hoping a few of you could link me to all the xbox emulators(i.e.snes,sega,nes,gameboy..ect.)
    it would really really be appreciated.
    and maybe give me the basic motions as to how i would install the emulators or whatever..

i would especially love to find surreal64, cuz i wanna play supersmash brothers, it would be even better if there was someway i can play SB melee.. its one of my all time favorites, and i would just play it on gamecube, but my gamecube crapped out on me after no more then a year of use.. i also liked that starfox game, with the stick and the dinosaur things n shit..

back to my needs..lol

i also need an upgrade.. im runnin an old ass version..

and one more thing, i would really really really love it if there was a way that i could play the music on my modded box while playing a game, like how you could on the regular box's..

and if there is anything else any of you think that i should have aswell.. feel free to let me know.

thanks in advance..

2. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

i dont think we are supposed to give you direct links for things like that

5. -> PIRACY AND LINKING TO PIRATED MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE FROZEN IF YOU DO THIS <- part of forum rules

but i will message some to you privately on here..

but to put them on your xbox is easy when you download the zip file unzip it with winrar or something then you FTP the download to your E:/Emus then to put roms into it you go in the folders intil you find the rom folder and just add the rom in it.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

memory caard is the easiest way for gamesaves, just use the original MS Dash memory function and you can copy the saves from the memory card to the hard drive. The other way would be FTP (which you should learn)

You want emulators and roms? Get Slayer 2.7 from a torrent site.
    You should have plenty on it. Or if you can still find them anywhere on the net they have discs called BAED (Big A$$ Emulator Dics) and they will have a ton of emulators and roms on each one. I personally have 3 of them from the old days, two are older systems, and one deals with all handheld systems like Gameboy and GB Advanced. You do not have to install BAED discs, you play them from DVD. Slayer 2.7 (an auto installer) will install them all for you.

not sure what you mean by an upgrade. But if you want to upgrade to newer versions of programs and dashboards then FTP or an auto installer is the way to do that. Best place to get Xbox updates you can access by reading this tutorial
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/1625-how-connect-xbins.html

not sure how to play music while playing a game, i know some use to allow you to create custome soundtracks from songs on your Xbox HDD, but i persoannly never bothered. I can just turn on some internet radio on the PC while i play.

as far as anything else, well just start reading.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox/
    http://www.teammodders.com/forum/xbox-tutorials-f45.html

4. ClevrAC2G

ClevrAC2G Member

arrrggg.. the surreal64 emu doesnt work!!!!!!!!!
    grrr...

and do you think you could break down the memory card thing for me into steps..
    this whole modded xbox thing seems so very strange to me, i feel stupid. lol

5. steimy

steimy Active member

take the memory card with the save, stick it into the controller port where it goes, load up the MS Dash and go to "memory"
    Then you should have an option which shows a hard drive (or a picture of the Xbox) and one that shows a picture of a memory card. Move the controller (i think to the left) and highlight and select the memory card. Now you should see a list of all of the things on the card. highlight the one you want, move the controller to the right to highlight it. Then this is where i forget the exact step. But either you press "A" and you will see options like copy & delete or they will just be there already. You choose copy and that is pretty much it. Repeat this step for each gamesave.

also some dashboards like UnleashX have game save managers built in, I have never used them except to delete old saves, but it may also have a copy feature.

6. ClevrAC2G

ClevrAC2G Member

mine doesnt have that.

im running XMBC..

7. steimy

steimy Active member

there is mistake number 1, XBMC is not the best dashboard to use. The others like EvoX would have a link so that your could access the MS Dash. If if you softmodded your system you should have set up dual boot mode, meaning the power button loads the hacked dash (whatever ut may be) and the eject loads the MS Dash

If you can not get to the MS Dash (or unleasheX)then i have no idea how you would get the saves off of a memory card.

8. ClevrAC2G

ClevrAC2G Member

arrrrrrrrrrrggggggg...
    i dunno what to dooooooo!!!
    but no, its not soft modded.
    its gotta chipski.. i dunno which chip though..

9. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

You can download every nes, snes, sgea..... rom from romnation.net legally. It's completely legal at this site. Only catch is you won't find mario, metroid or teken, things like that. If your using xbmc you could set evox or unleashx (which i prefer) as an app. I have a media box that solely is used for retention of music and movies and is xbmc dashed. I have unleash as an app incase i need to change anything that xbmc doesn't offer. To do this coppy everything from your dashboard folder in e: drive to a folder in apps labeld whatever you are using.

10. steimy

steimy Active member

doesn't really matter which chip you have.
    If you have a chip your best bet is to just get Slayer 2.7 and use it to update all your apps, change the XBMC dash to a better one like EvoX or UnleashX, and it should install all them emulators and roms when it does the apps. Just use XBMC as an application and not as a dash, you will be much happier. Plus using one of those, if it doesn't have a link to the MS Dash you can edit the dashboard file with notepad on your PC and put one on the menu yourself,or a link to any other program on your xbox for that matter.
    EvoX is the easiest to use, but UnleashX has a great file browser and gamesave manager. But you can install them all if you want. Just install one as the main dash, and the others in your apps folder on E: or F: (where ever your other apps are) then you can switch dashboards anytime you want by either creating links for them on the main menu, or running them from the apps folder.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2007
  11. ClevrAC2G

ClevrAC2G Member

dope.
    now i just need to figure out my networking problem...
    thanks for the help.

12. steimy

steimy Active member

13. ClevrAC2G

ClevrAC2G Member

yehh
    i already know how to do all that..
    its my computer thats the problem.