1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need a little help with nero and making a vcd please

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by absolutv, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolutv

absolutv Member

ok...i have downloaded files from Kazaa that i would like to put onto a cd to play in my dvd player...i have nero 5.5.9.9 and i got a serial # generating program so i am able to use the full version...it wont work though!!! i need an easy way to encode the files to mpeg-1 i guess...i'd really appreciate some help with this if u can write back or email me directly at absoultv81@aol.com thanx 4 ur help!!!

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

NO SPEAKING OF SOFTWARE PIRACY ALLOWED..

Do you come from some alternate universe where somehow illegal activities are openly discussed in public domains?

Also, read the damned rules before posting, you are not allowed to put your email address in the post.. seriously man, are you mad?

3. absolutv

absolutv Member

my bad...i'm actually new to this...didnt know those things were a problem...can u help me though...i tried using that tmpeg thing to code files to mpeg but nero wont burn it still? what do u think i should do?

4. Jake

Jake Active member

Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  5. absolutv

absolutv Member

ok...i used TMPGEnc and changed all the files to mpge-1 files (i think)...when i use nero and i drop all the files to the writing place it sometimes goes right over and other times a dialog box comes up saying something about an option to turn off a certain setting or something like that...not exactly sure...however, when i get the clips moved to the list and go to write/burn the cd it starts working and then it always fails to work...even though it shows that it was written on the screen, there is nothing on the disk...any suggestions for me? thanx again for the help

6. Jake

Jake Active member

Try VCDGear and convert you .mpg files .bin&.cue. And then try burn .cue image using Nero or CDRWIN..

7. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

1. Do the mpg files play perfectly, meaning you get video and sound and in synch?

2. Also, please try to get an exact error message and let us know what it is.. it may not make sense to you, but somebody might recognize the error.

3. do you drink your Absolut straight up on the rocks, with a twist, or mixed ??

8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Oh gee, I see that I've educated our users pretty damn well. I'm proud of you guys :)

Yeah, anyway.. *shrugs head and gets to biz*.. Follow the instructions jake posted earlier to the letter, seriously, take a look at each detail and make sure that everything is as it says in the guide. After that, follow the "VCD with Nero" guide to the letter as well and it should work. If it complains about incompatible streams, there's something wrong -- probably audio, which needs to be investigated a little bit, so post the error message if you get any.

Don't get scared, we just have bunch of rules that make our and everybody else's life much easier once everybody follows them :)

9. Jake

Jake Active member

Yes, you and this site is very good to education. When I came here (Finnish site) in "Newbie" status, after that I have learnd very much more video editing. Thanx to you dRD :)

10. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Ok I think its time for me to read the forum rules!! am i going blind or did i see that its against the rules to post your email address!!!!!!!!!!.

WOOPPPSS! Sorry but this has been one of my ways to transfer essential files that some people I have been helping needed, I couldnt think of any other way!!!.

Surely its ok to post your email address if the occasion calls for it???????

11. dRD

Dela: It's actually to protect our users, including you -- by now, you've already got yourself onto several "drink this majik potion and your penis will get appx 4 inches bigger" lists. Spambots, automated scripts run by spammers, love forums and harvest email addresses from forums that users post there.

And that is the reason why we don't allow it -- people start whining and complain that WE are selling their email addresses, even that we're not.

12. Dela

Ah I see, Actually, I haven't recieved any of that mail (thank god at least one of hotmails services works a bit, The junk mail filter). I know a guy who runs those stupid bots (he makes a fair bit of money!!!) to sell basically.. crap!!! I once asked him how many email addresses he had in his list and he said about 15 million.

15 MILLION!!!!!!!!

Anyway, as long as my filter seems to be working is it ok if i supply an email address (with a warning for them not to supply theirs of coarse!!!) if I need to send some things onto them?????

13. dRD

I would recommend using private messages -- send the email address by PM and then it wont be on public forum anymore.

14. loaded

loaded Moderator Staff Member

You have got to love them, eh. Just think, dRD, a few more guys like that and you can sleep forever ¦-D

This site seems to control itself, I'm off to the pub for a few vodkas....

Oh bugger, I live in England, pubs close at 11pm, which, as everyone know, restricts the number of drunken people on the streets ;-)

Paul.

15. Jake

Jake Active member

If you don´t want publish your primary email address, then change it in your personal settings. Take some hotmail sh*t address..

loaded: "dRD, a few more guys like that and you can sleep forever ¦-D"
    What the fu*k you mean??

Last edited: Oct 2, 2002
  16. Dela

Hey loaded, if you live in England, you're a soccer fan so tell me

Who'd you support??????

17. Jake

Jake Active member

I think this thread is over. This was VCD&Nero conversation no soccer..

18. loaded

Who do I support?

the right of every free man (and woman) to copy (ahem, backup) any digitally recorded material they can lay their hands on. As for English Premier League soccer, I really could not care less, although it was fun to watch your countrymen distinguish themselves during the World Cup and even more enjoyable to watch that thug Keane get what he deserved!

Paul.

19. Dela

HEY IM IRISH AND I RESENT THAT

HE'S ON HIS WAY BACK TO THE IRISH TEAM + HES NOT THE WORST OF EM!!!!!!!!!!!!1

20. loaded

No need to SHOUT Dela, I was not being sarcastic, I genuinely did enjoy watching a team like Ireland do well in the World Cup, especially in the face of the controversy of Keane, who is, lets face it, even in the world of professional football, one of the nastiest pieces of work we have ever had the displeasure to endure!

Paul.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.