1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a tool that splits the first 1min of a mpeg

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Vegetto, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

I need a tool that splits or takes of the first minute of mpeg. I used this one tool to do it and it messes up the mpeg and nero tells me that its screwed up. I try to use dvtool but it doesnt work i just think that is for cutting the mpeg in half. Can someone give me a tool that can do this properly without ruining the my mpeg conversions.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can use Tmpgenc"s "Mpeg tools" to cut the File, or you can use "Mpeg2VCR" or any number of Mpeg editors like this freeware one...

M2V-VFP
    http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh

The MME.exe file is the Editor and the other one is a Mpeg2 decoder for Tmpgenc...Allways make sure you edit on an I Frame or you will have sync Problems..

3. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

ok ty, I was having numerous problems of cutting the mpegs and regenerating a file because Nero keeps saying its not a compatible mpeg. So far every program I used to cut it Nero gives a error

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you used Tmpgenc to Cut your File and nero gives you an error it is because you did not select "Video-CD" from the Dropdown menu at the top, It was Probably set to Mpeg1 not Video-CD, there is a Differance...

But even if Nero gives you an error you can Burn it anyways and it will most likely work unless your DVD Player is very Picky...

5. Vegetto

Vegetto Member

Ok thank you Minion for your help.