1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a TV tuner that can support active gameplay.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by angeteen, Mar 27, 2010.

1. angeteen

angeteen Regular member

Those TVs look okay, but I'm going to see what I can find locally. This way if I have to send it back I can and not worry about shipping.

Anyway, did a little research, and turns out that a 8800 GTX card can support 24+5 pins. So it looks like the kind of adapter I'll be getting my hands will use that instead of the usual 19+1 or 24+1. What is the difference between 19+1 or 24+1 anyway? I think 24+1 is used only if you plan on using two monitors. I wonder what would happen if you used only a single monitor? Would there be any picture performance? Also, where the DVI portion would have the +5 pins, would the sound still come from the computer, or the TV? Is there a way to switch between the two?

Well, that aside, looks all that's left is to come up with some wires/couplers to connect the component/sound to the monitor. Anyway, thanks for the help and all, I just hope that I will be able to pull this off. If can answer any of the above questions that's great though, and if not, no worries, you've been tons of help to me. :D