1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need Directions!

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by syracuse, Aug 31, 2004.

1. syracuse

syracuse Guest

O.K. I bought this dvd burner on ebay, NEC ND-1100A 4x DVD BURNER. The seller didn't include directions to how to install the burner into my computer. Please help, anyone. Does anyone have directions?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

First thing, are you installing the 1100 in place of another drive or is it being added as a 2nd drive? If as a replacement for another drive, just unplug the IDE cable and power plug from the old drive, remove the 4 mounting screws(2 on each side) and take out the old drive. Reverse the procedure to install the 1100. Start up the PC and let Windows install the driver. Thats it.
    If adding it as a second drive, I would set the jumper on the 1100 as MASTER, set the old drive jumper as slave(I assume it may be a CD burner or ROM). There should be an extra plug on the IDE cable and an extra plug for the power supply. Attach those 2 plugs and mount the drive in an available space. Re-start Windows as before. That was a quick fly through. Not hard at all.

Jerry

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

syracuse, syracuse ... syracuse,

Your not trying to waste the time of aD's members are you? You will get better results if you only post your question once. Also double posting is against the forum rules :)

Double Post:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/105163

4. syracuse

syracuse Guest

I am so sorry, I just didn't know what category to put my question in. I'm also new here. Sorry. Thank you Jerry for the help.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member