1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help backing up a dvd i have all ready got

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by lucas23, Aug 26, 2004.

1. lucas23

lucas23 Guest

can any 1 help me as i got rocky horror picture show the 25th aniversary 2 dvd to it i have tryed to use shrink dvd it starts flicking from colour to black and white it says it has a css/cppm dose any 1 no any programs that will let me copy the film normaly and wont make it go jumping from colour to black and white will copy the hole film over ot to take out the css/cppm

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If it's under 4.36GB then you can simply ISO Read / ISO Write with DVD decrpter.
    If not then rip in FILE mode & compress with DVD2One [or similar]...

3. bruwery

bruwery Member

Herbsman is correct, but there's another alternative if it's over 4.36GB. I've had success with issues like this by using DVDShrink, [bold]if[/bold] I have DVD43 running in the background. Both programs are free. I don't know how to place a link in this message, but you can find them both under the "software" tab of this website. Go to Video Software, DVD Tools.

DVD43 installs itself in the startup directory and lurks in the background waiting for you to pop in a DVD. When you do, it goes to work behind the scenes.

Note: If you go this route, you'll have to close DVD43 whenever you happen to use DVD Decryptor because Decryptor requires exclusive access to the DVD drive.