1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help fast! Please help

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arnsk10, Dec 17, 2004.

1. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

My friend has a dvd burner and so do I. I borrowed some of his burnt dvds. I have burnt quite a few dvds before but already burnt copies wont work for me. I have downloaded dvd shrinker and dvd decrypter. When ever i try to open the disk in the dvd shrinker it keeps saying error, failed to read file E:\ Data error (cyclic redundancy check). I also tried putting it in my other drive but that didnt work either. What do I do? Is it possible to burn these?
    (We both use dvd-r) He puts labels on his dvds using a stomper do you think it might be because he puts labels on his dvd's that they wont work?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It's possible the labels ar ethe problem, but give this a try first. Rip the movie to the HD first using DVD Decrypter in file mode. Then you can open up Shrink and select open files and browse for the files you ripped to the HD with Decrypter

3. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

STILL NEVER WORKED......
    DO YOU THINK IT MAY JUST NOT BE POSSIBLE TO BURN THESE ONES I HAVE?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No the disks are probabbly dirty or scratched. If you plan on backing up a lot of movies you will run into this problem even with original DVD's. The best advise I can give you is to invest in a DVD SkipDr disk repair (the electric one) it cost about $50 but is well worth the investment. You can get one at any electronics store like Best Buy, Circut City, and even Wal Mart. This is the only thing I have found that works, and I have tried everything on problem disks.

Good luck :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  5. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

So Dvd SkipDR will help this problem and let me burn any dvds that have scratches or dirty?

6. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

Thanks for all the help. Very much appreciated.
    John

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I have had 100% sucess rate with mine, and I have DVD's that I took to the desert with me and they were what I thought totally destroyed, but I ran them threw Skip Dr and everyone looks like new now :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  8. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

Ok I think i'll have to go out and get one of those. I'm very impressed with this site. Thnxs for the help.
    John

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Amazon sells them for $27. Dang it!! :)
    I wish I would have checked on the net first, but I was to impatient :)

10. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

Yeh i just dont buy stuff of the net.