1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need Help from the computer guys here

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by MFate, Mar 19, 2007.

1. MFate

MFate Guest

I am new member. A person from the motorcycle forum I am on recommended that I visit your site. I have a problem with my computer. Whenever I shut down and sometimes with specific programs I get the below error. I have alot of memory on this computer and do not understand what the error means.

The picture is attached to the below link to my motorcycle forum below:

2. Morph416

Morph416 Active member

A driver, or software issue from HP. One thing you might try, is uninstalling the printer and it's software. Run a program like RegSeeker and use it's registry search function to remove anything from HP. (you can use it to clean the rest of the registry as well). Becareful when using the search function...if you have other hardware from HP that's not printer related, you risk the chance of deleting necessary registry files. So take a look at the entries it finds and make sure that it relates to the printer or it's software. Reinstall when you are done, and if there are any updates to the drivers or software..be sure to install those too.

Also...a good tool to have on hand, is MemTest86. You can Google it for a quick link to it....create a bootable CD with it and test your memory just in case. If you use it...the best way to determine whether it's a memory stick or memory slot...is to test (if you have more than one memory module) each stick in each slot one at a time. It won't take long for any errors to surface if there are any. If you do find errors...don't worry to much until you've determined if it's the memory, or the slot. Basically...trial and error will solve it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007
  3. MFate

MFate Guest

thanks, will try that....