1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help i'm a modding newb

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Corex1991, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

somebody give me a link to download dothalo, but i need it to not be in rar format

2. theridges

theridges Guest

ok you need to download winrar first off...and just google the program its everywhere.....

3. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

I got that i just can't figured out how to get the maps on my computer

4. LastMastr

LastMastr Regular member

check out http://my.afterdawn.com/thereturn/

yea iam pimping someone else who should be pimping himself but he has an excelent load of Tuts, Links, and Explantions. So check it out.

5. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

To get the Halo 2 maps onto your computer you have to FTP into your xbox. Once you have FTP'd in, you need to go to the folder /E/TDATA/4d530064/$c/ or $u im not sure which one. There will then be 3 folders where the downloaded maps are located, and some of them are named differently. You only need to transfer the .map files.

6. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

what the heck does "FPT" mean and what do i need to FPT into my Xbox, like a Lan cable or somethin'?

7. camoman13

camoman13 Member

does your box have to be modded to use modded maps.if so can u help me mod it.

8. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

FTP: File Transfer Protocol. It's so you can access your xbox's files from your computer. You need a crossover cable unless you have a router, then a router will be fine.

Yes your xbox has to be modded in order to use modded maps. Are you looking to softmod it or install a mod chip?

9. camoman13

camoman13 Member

softmod. like a hotswap. i wanna know if i can still play live!? plus i need a link for all the files needed for hotswap.

10. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

can u get me a link to download a softmod, and can you tell me how to softmod my box

11. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

A hotswap is not a softmod method.. And I'm pretty sure you can go online with the newest softmods, can anyone confirm that?

Which game out of Splinter Cell, Mechassault, and 007 will you be using to softmod your xbox? (They have to be non platinum hits version).

12. camoman13

camoman13 Member

then what is hotswapping

13. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

I don't exactly remember but I think it has something to do with a hard drive error.

14. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

this is where u come in i don't have any of those games, so which is easier, to softmod or to install a chip, because it might take me a while to get my hands on any of those games, and plus i have no idea how to do this

15. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

i'll probably use splinter cell, please tell me how to softmod, and which 007 game would it be?

16. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

The game you need is 007 Agent Under Fire, and it cannot be a platinum hits version. To find out how to softmod, look at the stickied tutorials
    on this site.

17. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

alright thanks, i'll ask if there's anything else, but could u maybe give me a link to one of the pages with a tutorial, in case i can't find one, and if u know a good and cheap site to get modding chips, let me know cuz i know some guys that'll mod it for me, but can u softmod and have a modding chip as well, and thanks for all the help

18. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

where can i get an UnleashX program disk? and how much will it be

19. camoman13

camoman13 Member

i need sum1to email me the uxepackage from xbins. my comp wont let me install programs needed to get it on my own thats why i need sum1to send files 4 me

20. Shoker

Shoker Regular member