1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help i'm a modding newb

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Corex1991, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

I don't really come on this forum anymore, but no one has a problem on this thread, so no need to reply..

2. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

check every once and a while in case i run into a problem, thanks though

3. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

Yeah I know. I get an email everytime there is a reply..

4. questionb

questionb Guest

help me please! yeah im a newb at this. so i got dothalo,winrar, and i have the latest version of .net frame work. here is the thing dothalo program wont open, what do i open it in and what else do i have to do to get along with making mods? also if anyone knows any place where i can download mods please be so kind to tell me :( thanks.

5. floz99

floz99 Guest

you can download Ppf Mods at A4H but there not so great Feel Free To add More People Beside A4H becouse that site kinds Sucks 4 ppf Mods

6. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

shoker, just to verify, would a crossover cable be a Cat5E cable?

7. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

ok, dude i hope someone sees this, my xbox is softmodded and all, but i can't get halo 2 to copy to my harddrive it says error 112, do i need a bigger harddrive, and where do i put the maps that i downloaded, help please

8. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is my thread, and the guy helping me dissapeared, i can't get my xbox to connect to my computer in the FTP step

9. HaloDude6

HaloDude6 Member

@Corex1991
    "ok, dude i hope someone sees this, my xbox is softmodded and all, but i can't get halo 2 to copy to my harddrive it says error 112, do i need a bigger harddrive, and where do i put the maps that i downloaded, help please""

error 112 means you dont have enough room on your harddrive

@Corex1991
    "SOMEONE HELP ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!this is my thread, and the guy helping me dissapeared, i can't get my xbox to connect to my computer in the FTP step"

do you have the right IP address? the network cable plugged in? your xbox turned on? are you transfering to the right folder(hint: make a games folder)?

10. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

i got unleahx, and thanx, where can i get an xtra hard drive, will 1 out of another xbox work, an i don't know where to get it installed, and i don't know wut the stuff to put into my xbox would be, i got some FTP instructions off of here, but the computer is connected (w/ an FTP program called ftpfree), and my xbox won't bridge it or w/e

11. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

or could i buy a like 80gb hard drive from the store and put it in there

12. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

or even a 300gb hard drive, as long as it wuz an internal 1, and if i had a xbox controller port usb converter could i get an external hard drive to use w/ my xbox?

13. Shoker

Shoker Regular member

Do you just want to back up Halo 2 or do you want to back up other games too? I would suggest getting the 300gig but it depends on how many games/movies etc you will be copying. When you get the hard drive, just use xbox hard drive maker to make the hard drive compatible with your xbox. Also, do you go on xbox live on the xbox you currently use?

14. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Sorry corex.. Just saw you struggling in the wilderness..

You need to get the FTP working asap, because no offence, your pc skills aren't up to making a bigger drive for a softmod box just yet.

I can't believe nobody has put you on to this..

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/213943

If you can't get hold of flashfxp theres plenty of choice..WS_FTP pro or even CuteFTP work a treat too.

Then when you get it connected you will need a few more things.. CloneXB being the best XISO maker for burning on a disk, by far the easiest, though as you are game modding Qwix might be a better choice.
    When you can succesfully ftp from the box..make an xiso burn it and play it in the box you need to go here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/352707

And get the software that's linked to.

If you get really stuck leave a shout in my shoutbox and I'll help you out if I can. Just don't ask me anything about dothalo.
    I can't believe you have been messed about for 2 months with such a simple thing, it's really not on.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2006
  15. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

k, thanx

16. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

i have the FTP working, and all of the halo 2 maps r on my computer, but the 1's i downloaded r in PPF and SPPF, and the 1's in .map format r on my box, and i can't access them in halo 2, y is this, and i modded containment, but i put it back on my box, and it said failed to load the map, so i deleted them all and then re-downloaded them, wut's up w/ that

17. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hmm..sorry don't know. Don't do map modding. Never tried and probably never will. Just don't have the time.
    Thinking aloud for a moment in general terms..
    Are the files zipped up, or are they in the right format. Maybe you need to patch existing maps with them because .ppf format says to me it's a patch file.
    Can't really be any more help than that..not my area of expertise.

18. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

know anyone else that it would be their area of expertise

19. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Apart from the people in this thread...No..This is the only time I've ever ventured into the game modding world.
    I just came to get the ftp sorted out...

20. Corex1991

Corex1991 Guest

oh... too bad