1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Need Help Installing And Operating Xbox HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Skribble, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Skribble

Skribble Guest

Hi, my name is Sunil. I bought a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 250GB Hard drive with 7200RPMs. I just learned about the whole modding process this year and would like to try it. Can somebody help me out with links or anything that I can find help for with the following:

Best Solderless Modchip

How to install and get a dashboard

Best dashboard

Applications such as Media Player, Game Backups, Emulatorss, ETC.

Thank You,
    Sunil

2. Skribble

Skribble Guest

I was reading a couple of other threads and I need help to start from scratch. Please help soon.

3. Skribble

Skribble Guest

Where can I get A good modchip?

4. modster

modster Regular member

here are the steps but I don't have the web links for each. you can find them among the threads here in this forum.

1. find out what version your xbox is.

2. buy Xecuter 3 CE mod chip. takes about 30 minutes to install (little soldering is required) solder modchip is better since it is sturdy.

3. find X3 bios and reflash, this bios you will have to get it from irc rooms. There is a link somewhere in one of the thread. I saw it this morning. latest bios is X3 3029. depends on your xbox version. version 1-5 uses 3029; version 1.6 and 1.6b uses 3029_16plus

4. get new dashboard (recommend evox). you can also get this from irc rooms. again the instructions on how to put this dashboard on your xbox is also around here on this forum. Be sure to make backup of your original .xbe files before install the dashboard. also backup all xbox c: and e: drive on your xbox

5. get FlashFXP and back up your original hard disk to pc and burn it to a dvd and keep it in a safe place.

6. turn off your xbox and remove the original hard disk and replace it with the new Maxtor 250GB.

7. turn of the xbox and within evox, util, format the hard disk. It should recognize your 250gb hard drive.

8. now, ftp the backup c: and e: back to your xbox.

that's all folks.

if you want applications you can find them all over the irc rooms. do research and you will find them :)

these are the steps that I took and recommended.

good luck

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  5. Skribble

Skribble Guest

What about the Xenium ice solderless modchip. And how do i do everything you just said? where can i get an irc room?
    please help. Just a beginner.

If you live near elmont, New york please install for me. Will offer reward. email me for reward. skribble1316@hotmail.com

6. modster

modster Regular member

hey, better becareful posting your email address on here, they can ban you for that. you can send it through private messages

7. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

You can purchase a xbox modchip from www.divineo.com They are very reliable. If you don't have a version 1.6 xbox, I'd suggest buying a Xenium Ice solderless. It can be installed in less than 5 minutes. ( I've never been able to get a solder chip to work).

[​IMG][/url]

Xbox modchips NOT to buy :

Spiderchip
    X-B.I.T

8. modster

modster Regular member

Sorry, I have not done a mod for Xenium Ice chip yet. I have done many X3 CE chip. So, if you install the Ice, then I can't help you. But I believe it is the same process with the Ice chip.

you can install the chip yourself. very very easy. don't waste your money on paying someone to do it. just install it. there is a step by step on how to install every chip.

Again, selling an xbox with illegal bios is not recommended. you have to reflash the illegal bios yourself to eliminate legal issues.

9. modster

modster Regular member

good point hrdrk20

if the ice only takes 5 minutes, then it will be the easiest for you skribble.

Yeah, I heard alot of issues from the spider chip.

you need to view this thread "total newbie and spider 1.1 chip ", I have answered your irc question in this thread.

Sorry, I have anwsered this questions too many times. you need to read through most of these thread before asking the question because the answer is all over this forum :)

10. Skribble

Skribble Guest

So after I install the modchip, how do i flash it, how do i do the following?
    4. get new dashboard (recommend evox). you can also get this from irc rooms. again the instructions on how to put this dashboard on your xbox is also around here on this forum. Be sure to make backup of your original .xbe files before install the dashboard. also backup all xbox c: and e: drive on your xbox

5. get FlashFXP and back up your original hard disk to pc and burn it to a dvd and keep it in a safe place.

6. turn off your xbox and remove the original hard disk and replace it with the new Maxtor 250GB.

7. turn of the xbox and within evox, util, format the hard disk. It should recognize your 250gb hard drive.

8. now, ftp the backup c: and e: back to your xbox

And i am sorry afterdawn for putting in the email adress. I did not know.

11. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/165877

I used a 256Mb pen drive to flash the hacked bios.
    You can make a boot cd or use an external harddrive using the included USB adapter.

I believe you can do a FTP hacked bios flash using the Xenium OS but I have never done it that way.

( go to www.teamxodus.com for instructions)

When you get your chip installed and flashed follow these instructions to make a slayers evox auto-installer cd-rw. Don't install slayers until you FTP your original backup files to your PC

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/167715

12. Skribble

Skribble Guest

DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO PUT EMULATORS AND THEIR ROMS ON AND XBOX VERSION 1.0 WITH A 250GB MAXTOR HARD DRIVE AND A XENIUM ICE SOLDERLESS CHIP?
    PLEASE HELP ALSO WITH MY OTHER POSTS.

THANKS,
    Sunil

13. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

That is correct, you can flash the xenium ice via ftp or web os interface. I flashed mine that way.

14. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

ok, there are no emulators for other systems like playstaion or gamecube on the xbox yet and probably wont be for a while. if you are talking about xbox games and backing them up. just to tell you now if you dont own the games dont disscuss it here bacause it is ellegal and piracy is against the fourm rules. which you can read here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

but just as a hint, just google it if you want to know something about it.

15. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

ok i hope i was a little help. oh and to answer your other posts, like modster said i would also go with the x-ecuter 3 mod chip, for one it has alot of nice stuff that you can buy and add to it, and 2 i personaly think it is beter then the xenium, but it is up to you. and if you want a mod chip that will last long and stay fit to your mother board get a solder mod chip. they stay in place alot beter and if you know how to solder it they dont take long to install at all. and if you want to go with the xenium ice solderless chip but want a chip that is sloder and not solderless you are still able to solder that chip. all you do is solder the botom tips of the solderless adapter and dont use the rivets that come with the chip. later
    hope i was some help,
    pacman33

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2005
  16. Skribble

Skribble Guest

Can somebody tell me if you can install the executer 3 with out removing the mother board or give me a detailed desciption?

17. Skribble

Skribble Guest

Can I use this: Xecuter 3 CE with LPC Rebuild PCB with the solderless adapter form divineo??
    Thanx for all the help

18. modster

modster Regular member

skribble,

it seems that you are struggling with this modchip installation.

As I can recall it, the X3 modchip requires about 10 solder points. Very easy to do. No if you think soldering is hard, try to mod a PS2 slim. Damn that board is microscopic. I've done many PS2 but not anymore since I started doing XBOX!

LPC Rebuild PCB is very easy, lay it on your motherboard and tape it on, and just solder it.

Taking the motherboard out is very easy. just take your time. and we are all here ready to help you.

XBOX rules!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2005
  19. pacman33

pacman33 Guest

yeah soldering isnt that hard if you take your time at it. dont rush it ether. it took me close to 3 or 4 weeks before i really had all my moding and installing my bios done. it does take time. and like modster said we are here to help.
    pacman33

20. Skribble

Skribble Guest

Thanks.