1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help on room choosing

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Jay05, Feb 13, 2007.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Thats were I got mine too.... :) cool except for one thing 4 days after I bought mine Best Buy had a special on any 55" or bigger flat screen bought would receive a 17" flat screen for free. Those Ba&^#%@$ could have told me the special was comming up. I went back and asked them about it when I found out and they said I could return the TV and then purchase another one to get the free TV. What a bunch of crap they knew there was no way I was un-hooking all my stuff and bring that huge A$$ TV back to them!! Urrrrrg!!! :) I am still happy with the TV though.

I am with rdmercer1 on this one though you may want to re-think who you are about to share the responsibility of sharing an apartment with. There could be some other issues that come up later which could be much worse than this (like them not paying the rent).

What ever you decide to do good luck. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

bbmayo, i had the same thing happen i payed 3100.00 for the set. less than 3 months later the set went down to 2400.00 at Circut City and it was 2600.00 at best Buy so i called the manager at best Buy and they gave me an in store credit of 500.00 even though it had been almost 3 months since i bought it. i thought that was pretty fair, i used it to buy a Klipsch Reference Series RW-12d Sub-Woofer so i was happy

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rw-12d.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2007
  3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I must have got mine for the sale price because it was $2400 and some change when I got it, but I should have got the 17" TV too... :)

I got the Sony 1000W 5 DVD changer home theater system with mine The System DANG IT! I just noticed that is a lot cheaper now too... :-( anyway that TV and that system go really well together I was pretty surprised in the sound quality of that Sony Home Theater System it is just mind blowing! I was going to get the Bose, but I think I made the wiser choice and save some $$

4. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

ROTFLMAO!!!! OMG... that was so f*ckin funny...

im looking for a HDTV w/ VGA input and around 26" for £360 or lower... any hints?

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I thought you had a Tv lined up? ;-P

Lol

6. thecraigc

thecraigc Regular member

nah... the postage was £60 and the stand (not included btw) was another £60... taking it to a total of £470 instead of £350+£13.95 p+p.

7. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Staying on the subject :D (I know you solved your problem) But I always choose my rooms by two simple criteria.
    1)Outlets: Where is the power outlet? How many are there? Is there an Internet (Broadband) Socket?
    2)Windows: How many windows are there? How large are there (The bigger and more numerous the better, you can have curtains to trap out the sun but you can't have anything to bring more in) How much sun gets it?

By the way, My mate just bought a 'historic' house house for $750,000 (About $590,00 American Dollars.) Where as he could get a bigger better looking 'modern house' for a third of the price. And there would be alot less trouble with inspections/electrical/cable.
    So what is the appeal with these old things?

8. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

thanks for the input guys, is there like a website where i can find all these "special" deals that you guys are talking about???

regarding the house...everything seems to be working out. :D thanks!