1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help please whith convetring and croping!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by readneck, Jan 20, 2005.

1. readneck

readneck Member

I have been using tmpgenc plus to convirt my avi to a dvd so i can burn it to dvd. After i convert it the file wont open in anything but nero vision and it takes forever to burn to dvd is ther any way to change the output file so i can use something else to burn to my dvd that wont take 2 hrs ??

Also my avi's are in leterbox format can i make them full screen i changed all my ratios to fullscreen in tmpgenc but it doesent seem to affect it ..

What is a good program to crop with i used virtual dub and had to use a filter to make it work and my video quality was affected ...i have a program called video edit magic and cant get it to do much of anything..

any comments or guids would be helpfull

thanks
    readneck

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Are you sure you used TMPGenc's 'Full screen (keep aspect ratio)' ?

After you convert the file..from what to what? Did you use our guides cointained in the DVD-R section of http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/ (and the TMPGenc's tutorial, of course)?

Third. AVI --> DVD seems to be very popular, but lease knopw that, since the video quality has been already extremaly reduced (4.5 GB --> 700/900 MB), making a simple VCD will give you the maximum quality you can get...

3. stardust

stardust Regular member

Readneck - authore your DVD compliant mpeg-2 files first with good DVD authoring program, before you burn them to DVD-R. Use Nero only for burning. This will also take your time, but that's the name of the game.

Aldaco - if you have two hi-quality avi movies, e.g. 700MB Xvid, 1000-2000kbps, 2-pass and convert them to DVD with resolution of 352x480 NTSC or 352x576 PAL (VBR, MP2) and burn both to same DVD-R: The result is FAR, far better quality than any VCD..