1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help~~ PLEASE

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by killak, Jan 22, 2007.

1. killak

killak Member

hi im very new to this site seen that alot of u are very smart with computers.. i have a really big problem with my toshiba a100 le100 laptop everytime i turn it on theres a password!!! people are telling me its the bios password? it happened after i put in a new battery on the motherboard i had a old password but now its not working is there anyway i can reset the password without spending money!!! please help me out!! im going crazy

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

get in contact with Toshiba, only advice i have

3. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

or

if there is any truth to this i dont know.

4. killak

killak Member

shift key wont work.. i called them they said its 300$ to fix

5. nasayin

nasayin Regular member

6. killak

killak Member

i have tried that site and many others... is it hard to flash the bios?

7. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I'm no Einstein, but does that sound stolen?
    From the factory wouldnt have a password, and bought from someone, you could ask.

8. killak

killak Member

read my post again edited by ddp please dont post edited by ddp things like that.. i had a password on it before, i changed the cmos battery,and now everytime i start it and try to put my password it wont work,

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  9. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

If that is the case, then what have you got against contacting Toshiba?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  10. smooches

smooches Member

(ok this is what i know that you can do. we went over this in my a+ class. see if there are jumpers near your cmos battery. if so, you need to reset the jumpers. one other thing is take out the battery for 10 mins then put it back in. why did you take out the cmos battery anyway? just curious. anyhoo, read this from a website i found. this is kinda long but something should help.)

Bios password are used to secure your desktop and latop computer by preventing user from changing your bios setting or acessing to your computer while u are away.there is too type of password protection

the first one is bios setup protection:to prevent user from changing bios setting

thesecond one system proetction:to make the system unbootable intel entring the password.

but sometime user can forget their password or even wrose they can get infected by bios Backdoor verus.so sending back the unit for reset bios is expensive here is some why how to recover or remove u lost bios password

U can start first by mailing your Before hardware manufacturer support before attempting to bypass the BIOS password on a computer or laptop, then ask them if there is some bypass security.in the worest case u will not get any answer so here is the type oto follow

1) u can start by using a manufacturers backdoor password to access the BIOS

2) there is large range of password cracking software can be also used

3)on of the most efficase way is to reset the bios cmos .just look to the motherboard somewhere near your battery thir should be a jumper placed in two pin.if there is no third pin just take out the jumper then place it back .if there is a thrid jumper just place it in 2-3 possition then back to normal possition .dont forget to fully switch off your pc or laptop.u can risk of riuning your motherboard if u clear the cmos with powered up motherboard .

4)the second way how to get the bios to default value is by removing the battery .just remove it for 30 min the put it back .again u must fully unplug any power cable during the process

by Overloading the keyboard buffer.not alwais working but should help in some case

The last way is to Use a professional service

additional note:the data that remined in your hdd is not safe when u place a password for system setup .anyone how have a physic acess to your computer or laptop can easly get data stored in your hdd using another system.the only exception is to laptop from IBM there is a possiblity to lock hard drive if the supervisor password is enabled.in case where the supervisor password is reset without resetting the and hard drive password as well, you will be unable to access the data.

(Now here is some backdoor passwords for it that i found for toshiba):
    Toshiba Use Toshiba

TOSHIBA BIOS

To bypass the bios password in some desktop and Most Toshiba laptops systems left shift key is held down during boot.just try this keyboard combinition as start and the result.

(One more thing):

Using the Motherboard "Clear CMOS" Jumper or Dipswitch settings
    many motherboard are using this jumper old one like new.just check the documentation for location and usage info.generally this jumper shuld be located near the bios chip or near the battery.there is usually 3 pin witch two of them covred with this jumper.

1) so first turn of your system

2) unplug the power cable from your psu

3) wait 30 s to be safe and to be sure that motherbard is fully decharged

4) locate the jumper

5) if there is 3 pin : the jumper show be in 1-2 possition remove it to 2-3 position wait few second than place the jumper back .

-if there in only 2 jumper : it is even easyer just remove the jumer wait few second then plae it back

6) place your psu cable back then power your system and you are done

This procedure abrove are most used with desktop computer for laptop it is even easyer the the dipswitches "used to clear the cmos" is located under the keyboard or in the botton.just check your documentation or contact your laptop manufacturer if u cant find this switches.

Removing the CMOS Battery
    removing the battery is the step that u should fellow if the jumper switch that is used abrove did not help the get the password rest.

a quike overlook to the motherboard and u can easly find where u battery is placed .generaly is a sqaure battery.

lets process the step.

1) Turn of your system

2) unplug the psu cable remenber that u can burn your motherboard if the power still pluged while u are removing the battery

3) take the battery out .be carefull when removing it to not break anything.just note how the battery was placed.u need to put back later :)

4) wait about 30 min in some case u should wait more"up to 24 hours" but generally 30 min if enough to get the bios setting rest

5) place the battery back please note how the battery was placed .placing it in wrong why can drive it to explose.

6)plug your power cable and power u your system

Note: that all previews setting will rest to default one.exemple hdd boot priority,memory setting etc... u should reconfigure them back if u had made change before.

some battery come soldered onto the mathboard then it will be harder to remove it u will need so soldeing skills.

new laptop store the password without requiring a continous power .so removing the battery should not help in this case

Overloading the KeyBoard Buffer
    U can overload the keyboard buffer isn old system .sor exemple:hitting the " ESC " key many time rapidly. u can also try the " INSERT " + " DELETE " tick.just start rapidely pushing those two key repectively just after powering the system.and the last known keyboard tick using the "ESCAPE" "F1" it may work with the principe in some motherboard

Jumping the Solder Beads on the CMOS
    An additional way consist on connecting or skeeping some specific solder beads on the chipset.be carrefull u can easly broke the motherboard if u make a wrong connection or a wrong skeep,u can check the manufacturer documentation on this or just contact them and ask.this technique is for advanced user and usually used as last try using a professional service. like Password Crackers, Inc., it offers many services for desktop and laptop computers the cost usually is between $100 and $400.

(Hopefully this will help otherwise, somebody is gonna be rich while you are mad about the money you just gave them)

11. killak

killak Member

i dont wanan take it in as it costs 300-400$.. but i will try all those things thank you very much for the help! and fast replys

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

killak, got a 2 day ban for that!