1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help starting windows

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by boleto, Dec 23, 2005.

1. boleto

boleto Member

ok, first of all, i'm on someone else's comp, so there wont be confusion.

i just installed windows xp pro on my hdd.
    and the cd key didnt let me activate windows.
    and i wanted to activate it so i downloaded some windows xp activation program from torrent.
    and it told me to boot in safe mode and run the program and i did.
    so restarted in normal mode, and it just stays in a black screen with the cursor.
    so i wanted to run windows recovery from the xp pro cd.
    but when i try to do it, i need administrator password, i didnt even make one.

what should i do? other than install windows again cus that would pain in the butt

2. DVDBURNUP

DVDBURNUP Guest

did you try a blank password ... no password at all ???

Is the copy of XP a burnt copy or an OEM ... IN otherwords is it the original microsoft cd or is it one on a cd-r ?

could be that the copy of xp you have has sp2 and the xp activator is for xp sp1. You can always call microsoft , the activate by telephone, no worst they can do is say no. I would definately call if it is an original xp cd. Just make sure , when they say has this xp been installed on any other PCs , say no... no matter what your answer is no, they will give you a setting code to enter.

3. U7Hacker

U7Hacker Member

Its most likley this "activator" for windows xp most of those are worms or trojans, all you need is a product code and I cant tell you how to get one because of the forum rules but you can get one.

4. boleto

boleto Member

well, i installed windows again for another reason.
    dont really want to get into it now.
    thanks for the help guys.