1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with dvd problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by matt1231, Dec 3, 2007.

1. matt1231

matt1231 Guest

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am some what new to the dvd burning world. I have been burning dvds with win avi converter and then I use dvd shrink then I use nero. I have used dvddecrypter but I also found out that I could burn with nero instead of creating iso and burn with dvd decrypter. Lately i have went to play my burned dvds that i just finished and they will not play in either of my dvd players/ I am not doing anything different. I am converting them and using dvd shrink and then nero. What could be the problem.Some of the files did say AC3 but I don't think that is it. Please help.

Thanks Matt

2. harold300

harold300 Guest

WHat are u doing? Are u downloading movies from the net and then converting them to dvd's? If ur downloading AVI's in the converter program u are using make sure u select PAL, NTSC which ever ur player can read. More than likly it would be NTSC. After u convert a file u dont have to shrink it. Tell me what for sure u are trying to do and ill help a lil more

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

could be a setting? or could be the disc media used your player doent like it...

do the dvdr play in your PC?

are they + or - format?

what is the dye/code info on the media? use dvd identifier or dvd infopro to tell us...

what file structure do you have on your dvdr after burn?

are you saying nero is the change to your procedure, else otherwise your films play ok? or have you not made a succesful burn to date?

are you useing DVD-Video project in nero or DATA burning?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  4. matt1231

matt1231 Guest

Hey guys, Hopefully I can explain some things without complicating things. I wanted to start burning dvds offo fthe internet. I read that people said to use winavi video converter then use dvdshrink then use dvddecrypter to burn. I did this and then I started using winavi converter dvdshrink then nero to burn. i have burnred alot of dvds. I used this procedure everytime. Then I went to watch a burned dvd and it would not play.I have 2 dvd players one said can't read disc the other said playback prohibited by area limitations. I don't know if I am burning NTSC or PAL. I have no clue what to look for. I wanted to burn dvds this is what I read to do and it worked until now.I know it sounds really stupid. All the dvds are from torrent sites mainly axxo. i don't look at what kind it is avi AC3 ect..I usually use dvd-r but i recently got dvd+r. This is not one of my problems because I have burned movies from torrent sites and they burned on to a dvd+r and they played. All I want to be able to do is download dvds off the net and burn them. The easiest way possible. All the dvds play on my computer.Hopefully someone can help me. What are the other places to download movies besides torrent sites.

Thanks,
    MAtt

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

to start its tooooooo many apps to follow can you try convertxtodvd?

also booktype your +R to dvd-rom (more like an original dvd) than -or+

not sure if dvd decrypter does booktypeing? imgburn does by same maker both free apps, convertxtodvd not

if useing convertxtodvd set options first to pal etc etc etc, then click convert...
    ---------------

if you dont buy convertxtodvd get DVD FLICK (once again set output options) another good app free

---------------

little side note: do any of your +R dvdrs play????????

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007