1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with ftping with flashfxp

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by karl_rulz, Apr 17, 2005.

1. karl_rulz

karl_rulz Guest

ok. i boot up my xbox, and it is at the evox screen that says
    launch menu
    launch dvd
    ms dashboard
    reboot
    power off
    settings
    i use flashfxp, and i put in 192.168.0.3, xbox and xbox for user and pass. i click ok. it doesnt work, and says connection failed. what do i need to do

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2005
  2. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

Getting a router will solve all your problems. Just be sure to change your PC to automatically obtain IP addresses.
    I picked up a SMC7004vbr barricade router on ebay for about $20.

3. karl_rulz

karl_rulz Guest

dude. i got a router, and thats what it is hooked up 2
    it still doesnt work
    maybe its cause im not at the bios screen

4. BR7

BR7 Regular member

What does the evox screen say on the settings menu.. like for IP type and IP address?

5. karl_rulz

karl_rulz Guest

ip type = static
    adress = 192.168.0.3
    sry, i meant to say 192.168.0.3 in the last post

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2005
  6. meggo

meggo Member

i am havein problems with flashfxp. i have a router and everything used to work fine. but i moved and changed my internet company and it hasent worked since. it keeps saying connection lost. does anyone know how to fix this.

7. goldrush

goldrush Member

Karl. I had the same prob with FTP'ing in general. Where I made the mistake was, using a router, I couldn't use Static IP it had to be NO Static or whatever it says in Evox. Change that setting, reboot and see what happens. Good Luck!

8. goldrush

goldrush Member

Oh yeah! If you are using a router make sure you are using a ethernet STRAIGHT cable and not a cross-over cable.

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  9. azekial33

azekial33 Member

try putting your computers i.p. into your xbox's gateway.
    Pc: I.P. Address- 192.168.0.1
    SubnetMask- 255.255.255.0
    Gateway- 0.0.0.0
    DNS- 0.0.0.0

Xbox: I.P. Address- 192.168.0.2
    SubnetMask- 255.255.255.0
    Gateway- 192.168.0.1
    DNS- 0.0.0.0

Or if your using a switch or hub/router like you say also try the I.Ps
    Pc- 172.16.0.1
    Xbox- 172.16.0.2
    Remember to put the gateway in for the Xbox.

10. cbeatty

cbeatty Member

i have succesfully ftped to the xbox, all you need is a crossover cable, and EvoX. connect teh xbox directly to the pc. what you do is get FlashFXP and go to the quick connect icon, in the server/URL blank type 192.168.0.3, username and passord: xbox. then go to the network connections on your pc, and to view connections, then right click your local area connection and go to properties, from there click the Internet protocol (tcp/ip) from the list and click the properties button, from there click the use this ip addres button and type in 192.168.0.1 on the ip, and just click in the next blank and it should fill it in, otherwise type in 255.255.255.0. you may need to reboot your xbox to get it to recognize the ip. then just go into flashfxp and hit connect.

11. havokrave

havokrave Member

12. Encrypter

Encrypter Member

Hi hopefuly these simple steps will help you out i to used to have a bugger of a time trying to link up xbox to pc after reading several guides i just gave up and just started trying different things any back to the subject here we go:im using a adsl/connection im pretty sure this way will do the trick all you need to do first is write down yor pcs ip address,then subnetmask,then default gateway,Just jott them down on a piece of paper,now go to your xbox settings and sett them like this if for "example" if your pc ip was 123.456.00.2 on your xbox ip just put in the pc ip and change the last digit/digits by adding +3 "example"= 123.456.00.2 +3 =123.456.00.5 see what i did was add +3 to the pcs last digit/digits on the ipaddress remember you only add 3 when you are puting ip into your xbox!.Then just write in your subnetmask and default gateway completing the xbox setting stage and they are just as you seen them on your pc dont add/change them!.Now for flash fxp settings im using version (3.2 build 1080)by the way.Open flash fxp,then click option saying "sites",then click option called "sitemanager",then you need to "add" your xbox(as site) as=site name=xbox,for ip put the same one as you entered into the xbox,port should be sett as "21",user name & password both ="xbox" thats it click apply then close flash fxp turn off or reboot xbox then try to connect do not change any of your router/adsl settings it is not needed to connect xbox to pc like every one says just remember to find and write down your "pc ip address,subnetmask,and,default gateway" those are all the settings you will need sorry if its a mess just a quick guide and one that works for me just thought it might help you out any way good luck and reply to see how you get on.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  13. Encrypter

Encrypter Member

Sorry if that reply was confusing just give me your settings and ill list them as they should be entered thats if you have trouble