1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i need help with new nec burner

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by shyambali, Feb 14, 2004.

1. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Again Shyam,

You have your Nero set to copy CDs.
    On the very first page of Nero Express you need to select your recorder correctly.
    Go back to the first window and look in the upper right corner for a drop down menu titled:

"Which recorder would you like to use?"

From this menu select the one that looks similar to this:

NEC DVD-RW ND 1300A [DVD]

The important thing is the [DVD]!

I can tell from your screen-shot that you have it in CD mode. Look at your destination drive, it says:

F:_NEC DVD_RW ND-1300A [CD-R/RW]

When you get the opening window menu item set correctly, the small icon labeled Nero at the bottom of the next window should fill in with color. Select it when it does! That will change Nero Express to "classic" Nero Burning ROM.

I would still like to see the first window that opens with Nero, the one before the window you posted.

Your Shrink error is very odd. What exactly are you trying to burn? Are you removing or changing discs after Shrink has finished analyzing?

What your screen-shot indicates to me is that a successful analysis of %2(Volume Serial%3) took place, but was removed after analysis completed.
    Now that it is ready to encode it needs %2(Volume Serial%3) put back in your %1 drive.
    Apparently Shrink was able to successfully analyze the disc and you were able to get through to the encoding process by selecting backup. At this point the process failed.

Frank

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Frank,

Looks like you had an incomplete uninstall - did you check C:/program files/ahead ? If you still have it, delete the Ahead folder -

You might also check with Nero support to have a tech give you ALL the things Ahead may have installed in your registry - They have other things there besides what has their name attached -

Pete

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi Pete,
    I did delete that and evrything else I could find. I used Nero's clean tool which is supposed to remove everything in preperation for a re-install, Then I went back in and tried to find anything in my C:\ program files left over. I also went into applications and looked for Nero/Ahead stuff. All of it was gone.
    Im still waiting for a response from Nero support about this specific error message, I have spent way to much time digging around looking for this file.
    They have a tool called an installer log that is similar to their infotool but I haven't been able to get it to work. Its supposed to make a log of the file getting installed.

Cheers,
    Frank