1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need help with streambox

Discussion in 'Audio' started by tvasano, Feb 23, 2005.

1. tvasano

tvasano Member

I also just installed streambox for the first time and I have several questions.
    1.Whats the difference between streambox vcr and streambox ripper?
    2.I cant seem to get the streambox ripper to work because everytime I attempt to start it up i get an error message that says Im missing the file "wmaudsdk.dll", what can i do to get it 2 work?
    3.Which version of streambox should I use to capture REAL media files?
    And Finally
    4.Where can I find a manuale into how to use stream box?

Thanx a lot

2. tvasano

tvasano Member

Another question I have is that every time I try to start a download Im asked to give a username and password, and ive tried reinstalling the program to reset the password but I still cant get it to work, what could I do?

3. Veblin

Veblin Active member

StreamBox VCR is a streaming media recorder(downloader) for Windows Media and Real Media streams.
    It is also a download manager for any http or ftp protocol downloads.

StreamBox Ripper is a CD ripper and audio file converter. StreamBox Ripper converts RA, RM, MP3, WAV, CDA files to MP3, WAV, WMA files.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/160096

For most all uses, you use the StreamBox VCR 1.0 beta 3.1 SMF+turbo version from StreamBox VCR Suite v2.0.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_capture_tools/streambox_vcr_suite.cfm
    There are a few Windows Media streams that will not work with a 3.1 version but will work with the 3.0 version, but in those cases it is better to use one of the newer and better streaming media recorders available for Windows media streams. Start with the FAQ forum at the link in my signature.

Start with the FAQ forum at the link in my signature.
    StreamBox FAQ and user guide links there.

I don't really understand your question.

If you mean the username and password for the StreamBox VCR programs, I thought you had seen that in your other post. Please don't make multiple posts.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157182

If you mean that the stream needs a username and password, then StreamBox VCR does not work with password protected streams. StreamBox VCR was a unfinished program when it's development was stopped and even though you can enter that information, it does not work with those streams. You would need to use one of the newer and better streaming media recorders available that do work with password protected streams. Start with the FAQ forum at the link in my signature.

The best and most information on streaming media recording at the link below. Start with the FAQ.

4. keithbx

keithbx Member

Question?
    Are Streambox vcr and Streambox ripper packaged together? I downloaded Streambox vcr and tried to save it to my computer but it wanted to save it as text file or if I pull down the save file menue some other file type that is not saveable so that windows media can play. Is it possiable to save Streambox files as avi or megpeg if so can someone tell me.
    thanks

5. tvasano

tvasano Member

Do u know of other free multi format media streaming programs that can download password protected files, because I think you said that streambox cant download password protced files.

thanx in advance

6. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Start with the FAQ forum at the link in my signature.

7. keithbx

keithbx Member

Is the Wma Recorder better than streamboat

8. tvasano

tvasano Member

Veblin, I followed that link u told me to follow to look for other streaming programs and i found a large list of them but I couldnt figure out if any of them cold record password protected streams. Can u tell me the name of a program that can record PW protected streams or a way to get around the passwords.
    thanx again

9. tvasano

tvasano Member

keithbx, I think wma is used for recordind windows media files and streambox is used mostly for real media files so its hard to compare them. but acording to this list,[bold]http://p084.ezboard.com/fstreemeboxvcrfrm7.showMessage?topicID=115.topic[/bold]
    veblin highly recomended SDP Multimedia and GetASFstream 2.1.0.9b for windows media files, StreamBox VCR Suite 2.0 for real media files and that Net Transport was good with both.

10. whoami11

whoami11 Member

Audacity records everything that your soundcard is playing! It captures audio thru hardware instead of thru streaming software.

11. hijran

hijran Member

Hello : I use Streambox Vcr Suite 2 and it works fine for me..But when i convert the .ram file to MP3 and play the file, it have much lower sound then real play
    i did everyting i knew, i mean normalize/equalizing the sound, i left the option or original and changed also from mono to stereo, but it still play on low sound. Is there anything to do more or any other idea pleas..Thanks

12. geaf

geaf Member